Nintendo 3rd Qtr results - Switch over 20 million in 2019, over 52 Million WW LTD, surpassed Xbox1 and tracking ahead of PS4 and PS2 launch aligned.

20.21 million sold WW in 2019 alone. (Jan through Dec) 

52.48 Million WW  LTD.  It surpassed Xbox1 exactly at the point in time I predicted it would:tom5:

Both the hardware and software forecast through March 31st 2020 have been INCREASED

Nintendo have revised their Switch hardware forecast to 19.5M units up from 18M units.  (April 2019 through March 2020) 

Nintendo have revised their Switch software forecast to 140M units up from 125M units

Impressive :dame:

Surpassed Xbox1 @DynamiteCop! is owned. 

Tracking ahead of both PS4 and PS2 launched aligned.   @lynux3 is owned. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOLOLOLLLOLOL   @madmaltese

Yet gamers still prefer xb1 and ps4 

Incredible sales, especially considering it was a fairly timid year software wise. A lot of AA quality but none of the giant Nintendo names. We are approaching the time when they start to come out aga

Posted Images

great news on marvel being past 1 million, it should keep the game out of cows and lemmings fatass pockets as they've been port begging that game for quite awhile now.

Just goes to show what's possible when you neglect all other platfroms than Switch with your game, you're basically guaranteed the prestige of a switch-only masterclass title beloved by everyone.

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

20.21 million sold WW in 2019 alone. (Jan through Dec) 

52.48 Million WW  LTD.  It surpassed Xbox1 exactly at the point in time I predicted it would:tom5:

Both the hardware and software forecast through March 31st 2020 have been INCREASED

Nintendo have revised their Switch hardware forecast to 19.5M units up from 18M units.  (April 2019 through March 2020) 

Nintendo have revised their Switch software forecast to 140M units up from 125M units

Impressive :dame:

Surpassed Xbox1 @DynamiteCop! is owned. 

Tracking ahead of both PS4 and PS2 launched aligned.   @lynux3 is owned. 

I'm sticking by you saying fiscal year 2019 multiple times, because you in fact did.

"Bu..bu...but I meant FY 2020"

"Bu..bu...but I meant the end of 2019"

I would have let it go but you are the one always pushing fiscal years on people, always the one who prides himself on being accurate  in these types of discussions yet I'm supposed to believe you slipped up multiple times touting the same thing?

Nah, you thought it would outsell it the year prior, you thought the Xbox One had sold considerably less than it actually had. You merely adjusted your forecast after being called out.

Also of note the Xbox One appears to be around 50 million now so good for them regardless.

:cmpunk2:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
32 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm sticking by you saying fiscal year 2019 multiple times, because you in fact did.

"Bu..bu...but I meant FY 2020"

"Bu..bu...but I meant the end of 2019"

I would have let it go but you are the one always pushing fiscal years on people, always the one who prides himself on being accurate  in these types of discussions yet I'm supposed to believe you slipped up multiple times touting the same thing?

Nah, you thought it would outsell it the year prior, you thought the Xbox One had sold considerably less than it actually had. You merely adjusted your forecast after being called out.

Also of note the Xbox One appears to be around 50 million now so good for them regardless.

:cmpunk2:

Taking 6 years to get to 50 million when Switch did it in less than 2. Yes, congrats MS on mediocrity. :mj:

Lemmings are rushing in here with pathetic, movie-villain-hanging-off-a-ledge "final words and threats" that they say before falling to their pathetic deaths.

Cows are just sitting there in stunned silence.

Just a couple of days ago, I said that the Switch was over 45 million, and probably over 50 million and close to 55 million. God Dayuayuayuayuayuayum, I was right.

I will repeat it, once again. Cows are LUCKY..............they're LUCKY boiyaaa!!:smokefro:...........that the Switch wasn't brought to market earlier in Fall 2015, or it'd be straight up whooping the PS4's ass up and down the street.

Now people are thinking "oh they'll slow down"

Nah bro, the Pokemon games still haven't penetrated the market yet they'll keep on selling more and there will be another bump when the DLC expansion comes out.

But let me give you an even scarier statistic. Look at the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sales numbers: 22 fucking million copies sale for a PORT. Hell, the original game sold over 8 million copies to begin with.

What do you think is going to happen once Nintendo actually announces Mario Kart 9?  Especially since Mario Kart strongly pushed multiplayer, and local multiplayer, its going to make certain households end up buying a second Switch. There's undoubtedly going to be a Mario Kart Switch Lite Red version, and it will sell like hotcakes.

There's Animal Crossing coming, and they have their own unique crowd. They have Metroid coming. They have Bayo 3 coming, and there's definitely still going to be more Platinum Games coming. They will be another Zelda coming, and there will probably be another 3D Mario platformer coming. There's a Switch Pro coming, and there will be plenty of people who will happily upgrade

If they sold 52 million in 2.75 years, they can probably sell an additional 40 million in 2 more years. And then its probably time to move onto a real Switch 2.