Netflix is making a RE series

27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I have a little more faith than usual given out Witcher turned out

Lmfao hopefully it has a higher budget than the Witcher.... the opening shot was a card board cut out background :scust:.....  aand the final two episodes looked like that mid nineties TV series Charmed that aired on WB11.... :tom:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Lmfao hopefully it has a higher budget than the Witcher.... the opening shot was a card board cut out background :scust:.....  aand the final two episodes looked like that mid nineties TV series Charmed that aired on WB11.... :tom:

Uhh what?

35 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Uhh what?

The background in the beginning was 2d. It looked awful. I used to work on set design for indie projects and even I could have created something better. 

the final battles looked fair, which was expected considering it wasn’t a proven tv franchise. Season 2 will look light years better. 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Budget is the absolute least worry that an RE tv series has. There are insanely low budget zombie flicks that look great. Gore is cheap, it's just make up. Fantasy action is a whole different field. It's why so many amazing fantasy novels have never made the jump into film or tv. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Budget is the absolute least worry that an RE tv series has. There are insanely low budget zombie flicks that look great. Gore is cheap, it's just make up. Fantasy action is a whole different field. It's why so many amazing fantasy novels have never made the jump into film or tv. 

If the budget isn't right, the Zombies, Tyrants, mutant dogs, lickers etc will all. look cheesy as fuck. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

If the budget isn't right, the Zombies, Tyrants, mutant dogs, lickers etc will all. look cheesy as fuck. 

Netflix already has plenty of zombie and horror shit. Just watch Black Summer. Would be on a smaller budget than what RE will get and it looks amazing. 

This show will live or die on whether they decide to start small scale and follow the games or do some shit like the movie. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Netflix already has plenty of zombie and horror shit. Just watch Black Summer. Would be on a smaller budget than what RE will get and it looks amazing. 

This show will live or die on whether they decide to start small scale and follow the games or do some shit like the movie. 

That’s why I say a season 1 in the mansion could save on budget and filming costs. They could go full horror and suffocation with the first season. The whole Wesker turn would be a great twist for all the people who haven’t played the game too. They really need to focus on the horror element over the action that the movies went for. 

Just now, Ike said:

That’s why I say a season 1 in the mansion could save on budget and filming costs. They could go full horror and suffocation with the first season. The whole Wesker turn would be a great twist for all the people who haven’t played the game too. They really need to focus on the horror element over the action that the movies went for. 

Yeah 100%. Small scale, focus on the characters, make it feel claustrophobic, make even 1 or 2 zombies feel formidable because of the environment. All about the atmosphere

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah 100%. Small scale, focus on the characters, make it feel claustrophobic, make even 1 or 2 zombies feel formidable because of the environment. All about the atmosphere

I think you and I should just produce this show and we could probably make something better than whatever Netflix eventually releases. :ben: 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ike said:

According to the article it’s the same production company responsible for the films that’s producing the series. :patrice:

I hope they do the right thing this time and stay true to the originals, season 1 in the mansion sounds good to me. but i doubt it :( 

the first movie wasn't so bad, it just felt super action-ey already. I would've been ok with the later movies going crazy but the beginning should be slow, mysterious and just horror

Edited by kaz
9 hours ago, Ike said:

The mansion works for a game but for a 8 hour show, that would be very tough to pull off. They would have to get really creative and come up with a lot of original material. While it could be doable they would really have to invest in some talented writers who also know the series like the back of their hands.

Edited by Twinblade