Just bought a new carpet cleaner

Bissell/10 :leo:

I should have bought one of these ages ago, even though my carpets looked clean on the surface it was astonishing how nasty the water was it sucked up. It looked like water straight out of a mud puddle. If you have carpets I highly recommend you get one of these, honestly this is the best purchase I've made in years. 

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2872678/bissell-proheat-2x-revolution-pet-pro-carpet-cleaner-1986.jsp?prdPV=3

It's $239.99 + tax but If you use the Kohl's coupons you can get it out the door for $177 + you get $30 in Kohl's cash, perfect amount to pick up a big 80oz jug of the cleaner. It does come with 2 8oz samples which I only used half of one to do the game room.

20200209_125744.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know SW members are getting old when it's more than one person seriously discussing carpet cleaners  

these topics are better than the usual:"RTX FLOPPED LOL" "NO IT DIDNT" though

Flooring Wars ITT 

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Carpet :scust2:

Carpet is legit, you just have to not be a slob and take care of it. I can't imagine having a house with laminate or hard wood floors everywhere, cold, uncomfortable, can't relax on them etc.

:scust2:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Carpet is legit, you just have to not be a slob and take care of it. I can't imagine having a house with laminate or hard wood floors everywhere, cold, uncomfortable, can't relax on them etc.

:scust2:

Carpet is ghetto af. 

Carpet is ghetto af. 

Carpet is ghetto af for ghetto people who don't have the fortitude to actually put an effort into cleaning things.

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Not interested in the carpet cleaner, but I applaud the use of Kohl's coupon stacking and Kohl's cash. :leo:

:blessed:

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Carpet is ghetto af for ghetto people who don't have the fortitude to actually put an effort into cleaning things.

:blessed:

No it’s trash. Homes sell for more when carpet is replaced with quality flooring. 

No it’s trash. Homes sell for more when carpet is replaced with quality flooring. 

Yet if you're not in the market to sell this is of total irrelevance and if you're going to be you can install them. To add to this I'd also wager a zoned home will sell for more money and appeal to more people than just one or the other.

Kitchen, hallways, dining rooms and bathrooms with hard flooring while bedrooms, dens and living rooms be carpeted. 

:cmpunk1:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1

My kitchen is hardwood and so is my living room but I carpeted the living room.  When its 10 degrees outside the floor is cold .

If I lived in a warm climate I would probably on carpet the bedrooms .

• Upvote 1

Never had a conversation on here about cleaning carpets, but wtf, I’ll bite. 

Ive got hard wood and laminate downstairs in my house, much prefer it since I’ve recently got two pets, but you gotta go with carpet upstairs, much warmer for bedrooms etc.

I moved into this place 16 months ago and the guy before me used to chain smoke like a motherfucker. Smoke one, get down to the end and light the next one with it level chainsmoking. I think the fat middle age fuck also liked to stomp around the house with work boots on as well. Anyway a day after we moved in me and the now wife couldn’t handle the second hand smoke, it was like wearing a nicotine patch (I’m an ex smoker and still an occasional pothead, usually I could care less but being in the house was constantly like sniffing an ashtray) so we get these professional dudes out to clean the carpets in the house. Omfg. Cleaning does not do it justice, purging, or even exorcising is more accurate because the shit that came out of that machine after it had been around my house was unholy.

Edited by Cell
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yet if you're not in the market to sell this is of total irrelevance and if you're going to be you can install them. To add to this I'd also wager a zoned home will sell for more money and appeal to more people than just one or the other.

Kitchen, hallways, dining rooms and bathrooms with hard flooring while bedrooms, dens and living rooms be carpeted. 

:cmpunk1:

If you do a market comparative analysis, the home with hard floors throughout will sell more than the one with carpeted bedrooms (With the rest of the units being identical). It’s a fact. I buy/flip property on the side. Also, carpet is considered ghetto in luxurious areas. I don’t know a single person in the nicer parts of Miami who have carpeting...unless you are some geezer trapped in the 70’s/80’s, and live in old buildings. Even Berber carpeting is crap.

1 minute ago, Cell said:

Never had a conversation on here about cleaning carpets, but wtf, I’ll bite. 

Ive got hard wood and laminate downstairs in my house, much prefer it since I’ve recently got two pets, but you gotta go with carpet upstairs, much warmer for bedrooms etc.

I moved into this place 16 months ago and the guy before me used to chain smoke like a motherfucker. Smoke one, get down to the end and light the next one with it level chainsmoking. I think the fat middle age fuck also liked to stomp around the house with work boots on as well. Anyway a day after we moved in me and the now wife couldn’t handle the second hand smoke, it was like wearing a nicotine patch (I’m an ex smoker and still an occasional pothead), so we get these professional dudes out to clean the carpets in the house. Omfg. Cleaning does not do it justice, purging, or even exorcising is more accurate because the shit that came out of that machine after it had been around my house was unholy.

Yeah lol, when we moved in here the carpet was brand new and it's been about 6 years now. Well I maintain the hell out of my carpets, and I vacuum weekly. On the surface these carpets looked spotless like visually they looked perfectly clean but even then what came out of them is nothing short of amazing. 

It took a single tank and two dumps but it looked like gray liquified mud, the machine also picked up all the pet hair, lint, loose strands of carpet etc. The shit looks practically brand new now, smell amazing and is completely clean. Gonna make this a 3 month ritual I think. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

If you do a market comparative analysis, the home with hard floors throughout will sell more than the one with carpeted bedrooms (With the rest of the units being identical). It’s a fact. I buy/flip property on the side. Also, carpet is considered ghetto in luxurious areas. I don’t know a single person in the nicer parts of Miami who have carpeting...unless you are some geezer trapped in the 70’s/80’s, and live in old buildings. Even Berber carpeting is crap.

You also live in Florida so your housing market is damn near a polar opposite to ours on weather basis alone so that's likely the entire factor for your views. Up here carpet is used frequently, even in high end multi-million dollar homes, but as I noted it is zoned accordingly. 

I briefly missed having carpet when I moved into a house with all hardwood floors (not including the basement). But, what we did was start using large rugs and I think they're a great middle ground between just having a plain floor or a unruly carpet.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You also live in Florida so your housing market is damn near a polar opposite to ours on weather basis alone so that's likely the entire factor for your views. Up here carpet is used frequently, even in high end multi-million dollar homes, but as I noted it is zoned accordingly. 

Yet all of my fellow investors in New York disagree, and it snows there. Carpet is synonymous with geezers and lower income housing.