These Naughty Dog guys are pretty confident in TLOU2 being amazing

10 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Can not wait! Love this confidence. 

It's kinda strange.  These guys don't normally talk like this.  I mentioned other instances of them doing this before as well regarding TLOU2.. talking like how this is an entire generational leap over Uncharted 4, and that some members of the team are commenting how they can't even believe what they're creating.

It's crazy.  It really makes you wonder how they are going to top the first game really.  There's a big risk in making any sequel to a game which stands on its own and people generally consider damn near perfect.  To have this confidence means that they know they have something the fans are going to love.

I really hope they've created something combining an "open world" but not like a shallow open world, but rather something like a real town, in which you can go through the town, but you have to fight your way through it, and whatever path you choose feels like a well-designed linear level.

After all, the first time they demo'd the first game, they wanted to emphasize that the levels were more open than an Uncharted game, and it had dynamic elements to how you approach enemy situations. Its supposed to be a hallmark of TLOU. That would be the natural progression.

Like a town that is 12 square miles, and you can enter every building structure.

Think of the movie 1917, but the manner in which you get from Point A to Point B has many different paths.

Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

It's kinda strange.  These guys don't normally talk like this.  I mentioned other instances of them doing this before as well regarding TLOU2.. talking like how this is an entire generational leap over Uncharted 4, and that some members of the team are commenting how they can't even believe what they're creating.

It's crazy.  It really makes you wonder how they are going to top the first game really.  There's a big risk in making any sequel to a game which stands on its own and people generally consider damn near perfect.  To have this confidence means that they know they have something the fans are going to love.

Yeah the way they are talking is very strange. You wouldn’t do it unless you simply knew what you were creating is so far ahead of what is currently done. A part of me doesn’t believe it but then I look at what they did in a single gen last time. Started with UC and ended with Last of Us. Those two games have a generational leap within the same gen. They’ll prob do the same here 

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

bold words considering the last game was a meagre 8.0 failure and flop of the gen.

It was reviewed first by a literary soy boy who cried that Joel was too mean 

GS redeemed themselves by making the rerelease AAA like everybody else in the industry 96 GOTG :aitch:

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

I really hope they've created something combining an "open world" but not like a shallow open world, but rather something like a real town, in which you can go through the town, but you have to fight your way through it, and whatever path you choose feels like a well-designed linear level.

After all, the first time they demo'd the first game, they wanted to emphasize that the levels were more open than an Uncharted game, and it had dynamic elements to how you approach enemy situations. Its supposed to be a hallmark of TLOU. That would be the natural progression.

Like a town that is 12 square miles, and you can enter every building structure.

Think of the movie 1917, but the manner in which you get from Point A to Point B has many different paths.

:D  you just uncanny. I get it though. I would have removed the last line, but you had to add in a jerrycite.  anywho. carry on.

I hate TLOU and I will no doubt hate this second one. I like the idea of Uncharted better. But I am always anti-social so that's probably just my stupid ego talking.