Sonic the Hedgehog movie

Took my niece and nephews yesterday to see it. It was quite fine. I don't know much about the Sonic games, but it really did seem to stick close to the source material. And I enjoyed Jim Carrey dialing it back to his old 90's self. Too bad he wasn't in more scenes.

It was funny, and dare I say pretty cute. It doesn't stick to the "source material" as Jerry claims, it is inspired by the source materal to a degree of authenticity. It felt like sonic, and Sonic had the Sonic attitude. The voice actor sounded like Sonic. It however, is an original work, completely foreign to the sonic universe as seen in the games. If anything the movie was a lot like Joker, which takes the unbelievable universe as batman, and makes it realistic. 

Jim Carey was an awesome Dr Eggman, and gave Eggman more life as a character I thought. The scenes with Eggman are the most entertaining, and there were some cool technology scenes in the movie.

The movie really did a great homage to fans, especially their memes. 

8/10 I'd say. 

22 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

It was funny, and dare I say pretty cute. It doesn't stick to the "source material" as Jerry claims, it is inspired by the source materal to a degree of authenticity.

so it definitely stuck to the source material, moreso than most video game movies.

Thanks for confirming. I think it was obvious that the movie takes place on Earth, and the story has to be changed to accommodate the most obvious change. Other than that, the video game worlds within the Sonic universe clearly appear to exist.

This is far more close to the source material than 90% of all video game movies, which is what I was comparing it to.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

so it definitely stuck to the source material, moreso than most video game movies.

Thanks for confirming. I think it was obvious that the movie takes place on Earth, and the story has to be changed to accommodate the most obvious change. Other than that, the video game worlds within the Sonic universe clearly appear to exist.

This is far more close to the source material than 90% of all video game movies, which is what I was comparing it to.

You're right this time. I don't think we really disagree. 

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

I've been right everytime on plenty of other things.

you are almost always wrong, it's by sheer miracle whenever you say something that is remotely right and of value you just don't realize it. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kaz said:

you are almost always wrong, it's by sheer miracle whenever you say something that is remotely right and of value you just don't realize it. 

You are more wrong than Jerry's wrong so you are wronger.

2 hours ago, kaz said:

I actually chuckled reading this, because it seems like you're wishing this to be true, so much.