Sony is shutting down all Official Playstation.com community forums

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So ahead that Sony is looking to partner with MS for their services for the future.. lol

Let's be real, when talking about Cloud gaming, MS is ahead of the curve with they way they are building up their service.  First party games day and date.. as well as gamepass coming to xcloud..  Not to mention that it's painfully obvious to anyone, that MS is speaking more about xCloud than Sony does about PSNow.  That shit would have been left as a BC method of streaming for PS5 if it wasn't for MS pushing in this direction.

Sony has also been REMOVING platforms from their service... no phones.. only PC and Console atm, and MS started with phones, and added consoles, and PC is coming soon.

Which was my exact point. Who does something first is meaningless compared to who does it right. Ms is doing cloud gaming right but when it comes to metrics they are horrific and being the first to act like MAUs are the only important thing doesn’t change the fact they are horrible at revealing metrics that matter, made all the worse after they talked about how important those metrics.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Which was my exact point. Who does something first is meaningless compared to who does it right. Ms is doing cloud gaming right but when it comes to metrics they are horrific and being the first to act like MAUs are the only important thing doesn’t change the fact they are horrible at revealing metrics that matter, made all the worse after they talked about how important those metrics.

I agree.

Still... MS had stated FAR earlier, the actual metrics which are important to the success of the company.. because fourm warriors couldn't seem to get over direct sales numbers.  Sony now agrees.  That's all. 

Edited by Remij_
10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I agree.

Still... MS had stated FAR earlier, the actual metrics which are important to the success of the company.. because fourm warriors couldn't seem to get over direct sales numbers.  Sony now agrees.  That's all. 

To be fair Sony has never said that metric wasn't important, they actually never say anything. Just release full metrics on everything and let ppl talk. Pretty certain they have always valued the importance of active users. Their whole exclusive model is just to get user into the PS ecosystem.

The whole forum warrior thing was only because MS flip flopped and only gives info they want ppl to have, while Sony and Ninty have always reported everything even in less successful gens. 

18 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Eh, nothing is really being extrapolated from that.  DC changed the subject.

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. Sony's way ahead of the curve. :cmpunk1:

Edited by lynux3
26 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. Sony's way ahead of the curve. :cmpunk1:

No, hence why they're only now speaking about it being a more important metric than unit sales.  MS said that ages ago :francis: 

The only real thing you could say Sony is ahead of the curve on is VR. :obama:

Edited by Remij_
3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No, hence why they're only now speaking about it being a more important metric than unit sales.  MS said that ages ago :francis: 

The only real thing you could say Sony is ahead of the curve on is VR. :obama:

PlayStation Now, hardware design, VR, software, sales, MAUs, etc. Like I said, way ahead of the curve. :cmpunk1: