I figured out Nintendo's secret weapon

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

only thing you hit was the funny bone because we're all laughing at your dumb ass :drake:

lmao the only retort Sheep have in this thread is "wait aren't all games great because of the music?"

23 minutes ago, Vini said:

lmao the only retort Sheep have in this thread is "wait aren't all games great because of the music?"

How can you read everyone responses in this thread and walk away with the EXACT opposite of what was said? :grimaceleft:

Edited by Goukosan
On 2020-02-24 at 2:45 PM, Remij_ said:

:mj:

Mediocre.. lmao Vini.. lol

Music has the ability to transport you to a time and place and feel things that couldn't be expressed properly with words alone.  Great music ties the entire thing together and elevates something above what it would be with just regular music.  Kind of like how certain songs can represent entire summers, or points in your life. Music plays a huge part in creating a connection to a time... or in this case a game for me.  I remember the director of Ori and the Blind Forest said that for those games, he told the team, if it's possible to convey a feeling or emotion of a character without words ALWAYS do it through the animation, sound and music instead... and I absolutely agree with him.  Notice how Nintendo's games don't really rely on voice acting and things to sell their emotions but heavily utilize phenomenal expressive animations and music?  That's why.

Great music is what elevates a great game to an amazing game imo... but it doesn't cover up flaws in game design.  You're full of shit :hest: 

captive mind blown.

53 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Nintendo secret weapon is making good GAMES, and focusing on the magic of gaming rather than graphics and presentation, or even voice acting. that charm bleeds through.

Magic of gaming rather than good gameplay, graphics, fun, story, bosses, mechanics. 

26 minutes ago, Vini said:

Magic of gaming rather than good gameplay, graphics, fun, story, bosses, mechanics. 

lawl. gameplay is there. bosses be fine. graphics in botw are a spectacle.  never seen ninty harp much on story and i'd say mechanics are solid though at times simple. Oddsey is another great example.

12 hours ago, kokujin said:

lawl. gameplay is there. bosses be fine. graphics in botw are a spectacle.  never seen ninty harp much on story and i'd say mechanics are solid though at times simple. Oddsey is another great example.

It's a spectacle cause you need spectacles to see anything. :mj: