Resident Evil 3 Remake Demo Announced

Im reading some of the new previews. Honestly, Nemesis sounds incredibly annoying. Everyone's saying that hes not only more aggressive and armed unlike Mr X, but hes also faster so he can catch up to you even when you try to sprint away.

Edited by Twinblade
27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im reading some of the new previews. Honestly, Nemesis sounds incredibly annoying. Everyone's saying that hes not only more aggressive and armed unlike Mr X, but hes also faster so he can catch up to you even when you try to sprint away.

Good because Mr X was easy to avoid and not a real threat at all.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Good because Mr X was easy to avoid and not a real threat at all.

Oh he was a definitely a threat for the rest 10 minutes before just becoming a complete annoyance, and this looks even worse. I don't see how being knocked down every 5 seconds by nemesis is going to make for a fun gameplay experience.

36 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So he's exactly like Nemesis was in the original RE3 then? :ben:

A big part of survival horror (especially RE) is being able to explore every new environment you come across at your own leisure. Entering all the different rooms, picking up all the items, reading all the notes, and just being able to appreciate the dilapidated sets and atmosphere (thats why Daymare really resonated with me). Constantly running from a un-killable enemy devalues that aspect. At least with Mr X there was downtime where you could still appreciate all of the above, if they just ratchet the chase aspect up to 100% then I don't see how the game will be as enjoyable.

Ill admit I did bash the RE2 remake at first, and I definitely ate crow when it came out. So hopefully Capcom will be able to prove me wrong again.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1

He’s not completely invincible. You can stun him and he gave you new weapons each time and also left you alone for an extended period of time once he was down. That is if you want to waste all your resources and ammunition. Now, if they keep the bullet sponge enemies that were in the RE2 Remake then yeah that will be annoying. But part of the terror of RE3 was knowing that at any point, Nemesis could appear at any given location.