Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

COVID-19 Discussion Thead

30 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

American politics is this: States operate and govern most of the country, the federal government has little say in their operation. But those states do like Federal cheese. 

Any coronavirus failings have to do with states, which are doing more than constitutionally possible right about now....

Trump has little control over the coronavirus and there's little a president can do about it aside from travel bans. Trump wanted a Travel ban from china early on, and the democrats claimed it was racist. :trump2:

:drake:

What is the CDC pandemic response team for $1000 Alex? 

“Trump also cut funding for the CDC, forcing the CDC to cancel its efforts to help countries prevent infectious-disease threats from becoming epidemics in 39 of 49 countries in 2018. Among the countries abandoned? China.”

"Funding for the CDC’s global disease outbreak prevention efforts had been reduced by 80%, including funding for the agency’s efforts in China". 

Well look at that... less than two years after Trump gutted the CDC teams around the globe that were tasked with helping countries prevent pandemics.... look what happens. 

Bbbbut there was nothing Trump could have done better :awww:

Edited by Goukosan

6 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Dude you either shut it down now, or it will shut itself down with much greater concequences. There is no middle ground here.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you can't just stall a country like that for that length of time. There's limited time to get things back to 'normal' before you usher in a recession, we're already at the point where a recession is probably inevitable. If things keep up this way and we further lock down we could actually usher in a depression, something that could last a decade or more to recoup from. This would lead to more deaths, poverty, unemployment, crime and economical ruin than this virus could likely ever be responsible for. 

4 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

American politics is this: States operate and govern most of the country, the federal government has little say in their operation.

Except in a federal emergency that is a threat to the entire nation.

In which they would have to declare a federal emergency................which Trump was ALSO LATE to doing.

And this is an international event......................those states don't have a pandemic team, now do they?

They don't have one to FIRE and cut their budget.............like Trump did, now do they?

New York State's Governor Andrew Cuomo doesn't have a Wartime Production Powers act for FORCE private corporations to mobilize and produce necessary medical equipment, does he?

Do the States also control FEDERAL controlled International Airports, and shut them down much earlier than Trump did? Does Andrew Cuomo have that power?

The answer to those questions are: No, No, No, and No.

This was a failure in:

• Intelligence gathering, by failing to have a CDC Pandemic Team to send to China in December
  • Communication with an outside nation because it could potentially affect national security
  • Closing international ports of entry when it WOULD'VE MATTERED (early January)
  • Having learned the most important facts of the virus, prepare their DOMESTIC CDC people with proper guidelines with how to handle people coming off of planes and boats who were suspected of having the virus, and immediately putting them into quarantine. ( Report came out in january that the CDC was there to meet a plane full of people and take them into quarantine, and none of the CDC staff wore any protective clothing or gear because HQ didn't inform them of the threat, nor did they provide any equipment, the US government was literally responsible for their OWN CDC staff getting exposed and spreading the virus as early as January).
  • Properly developing Medical Guidelines for Doctors and Hospitals and Nursing Home staff on how to take precautions against the disease, which should've been done in late January.
  • Declare a Federal Emergency in early February
  • And start planning with suppliers to create the necessary medical supplies like Ventilators to make a Federal purchase of that equipment to issue out to the states (mid-to-late February) so that they would've been coming in in early April.
  • Start planning with medical suppliers to start creating mass amounts of tests kits in mid February to start sending them out in early March.
  • Having declared a Federal Emergency, have the Army Corps start developing temporary medical facilities in hotspots by early March

Almost none of these things can be initiated by the State governments, all of this needed to be standardized, researched, and executed by the FEDERAL government..........and they should've been the FIRST to do this.

Edited by jehurey

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You have no idea what you're talking about, you can't just stall a country like that for that length of time. There's limited time to get things back to 'normal' before you usher in a recession, we're already at the point where a recession is probably inevitable. If things keep up this way and we further lock down we could actually usher in a depression, something that could last a decade or more to recoup from. This would lead to more deaths, poverty, unemployment, crime and economical ruin than this virus could likely ever be responsible for. 

No, an economy can return back to normal..............if the workforce is healthy and capable of working effectively within 14 to 18 months later.

If the virus ravages an entire population, the consumers will not want to be wanting to consume on many services ........in a consumer economy.

And a good amount of the workforce will be out of commission or have their productivity affected for a long time.

If you are a healthy young adult, but you end up having a significant bout of pneumonia, I guarantee you, you will not have your lungs right for well over a year or two before you get back to the way you were before.

You have no idea what you are talking about. By forcing a lockdown, the only this costs us is debt........but we'll have a capable and solid workforce ready to go in X amount of months.

If you allow a virus to ravage the entire population............you will have a HIGHER DEBT because you would've spent more per person in medical costs, you would have lost productivity by more people having died, and you'd have a workforce that is LITERALLY less capable because the disease fucked up a good chunk of them. And this drags out for 2-4 years.

7 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

REEF, funny part is these tards are expecting federal gov. to babysit everyone.

t's up to the STATES

Not when there is a national disaster declaration.

Its not up to the states.

The states don't control the CDC.

The states don't control the International Ports of Entry

The states don't have Wartime Production Powers to create the necessary resources needed for the emergency.

You already know all of this........and are just pretending to play stupid.

7 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

We know you're just going to spend that $1,500 on hookers and blow.

E31B180F-C0B3-418E-961C-8C4E59E8993C.gif

• Haha 1

@jehurey oh NOW you want a nation wide lockdown? Bro you were just BRAGGING last Friday about how you go out and are still going to work. You are the reason this is spreading. 

4 hours ago, ghostz said:

@jehurey oh NOW you want a nation wide lockdown? Bro you were just BRAGGING last Friday about how you go out and are still going to work. You are the reason this is spreading. 

LOL.........I don't work in a cubicle. I have my own office.

Hell I have my own side door with a key to enter, and I almost have no reason to leave my office.

Unlike you, I have plenty of open space, and I don't have to be told to work from home in order to lower my risk.

Swing and a miss. 

Just this monday we received a letter from one of out top customers, Honeywell Sensor Electronics. They notified us that we are listed as an Essential Business.  40% of Honeywell manufacturing of sensors go towards medical and respiratory devices. And since their fabrication plant uses alot of our machines, we provide support and parts supplies to keep their manufacturing line running.

And, lets just say that Honeywell is quite busy during this time.

You're welcomed.:trump:

21 Year old girl with no underlying health conditions has died in the UK. 

A 21-year-old woman with no apparent underlying health conditions has died after contracting coronavirus, her family has said – as they urge the public to “do your bit”.

Chloe Middleton, from Buckinghamshire, is thought to be the youngest previously-healthy person in the UK to have died in the pandemic so far.

A man, 18, who died in hospital in Coventry at the weekend having tested positive for Covid-19 was being treated for “significant underlying health issues”.

Ms Middleton's mother Diane wrote on Facebook: “To all the people out there that thinks it’s just a virus, please think again. Speaking from personal experience, this so-called virus has taken the life of my 21-year-old daughter.”

Previously an 18 year old died however he was said to have significant underlying health conditions. 

Stay inside people. 

Seems like most people around here are staying inside , except for trips to grocery and beer stores here and there .

It's strange how quiet things are .  Everyday feels like a Sunday evening .

30 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It's strange how quiet things are.

It's surreal seeing the pictures coming from Toronto. Public transit would be shoulder to shoulder during rush hour when I was there and taking it to get to work, then you look at pictures now and it's completely empty. The city had LA levels of commute times for drivers and the highways are empty. It's nuts.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

It's surreal seeing the pictures coming from Toronto. Public transit would be shoulder to shoulder during rush hour when I was there and taking it to get to work, then you look at pictures now and it's completely empty. The city had LA levels of commute times for drivers and the highways are empty. It's nuts.

i was at brickell last night, which is usually a packed area of miami. it was completely dead. it would have been the perfect setting for a sci-fi thriller, since it was empty, yet all of the beautiful buildings were lit with their signature colors.