Official Mark Cerny "The Road to PS5" deep-dive video thread

Just now, lynux3 said:

Just as I thought after hearing 2.23GHz boost... the higher the frequency the faster all components within the GPU are. Comparisons will be even more interesting.

lol.. you needed to hear that? 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I figure those would boost interaction 

20TF+ and 7GB/s SSDs  

We've seen Microsoft's proprietary drives but Sony is sticking with its strategy of allowing users to buy off-the-shelf parts and fit them into the console themselves - so yes, NVMe PC drives will work in PlayStation 

On 2020-03-16 at 6:29 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

There's no other choice.

On 2020-03-16 at 7:18 PM, Goukosan said:

yes there is... don't make it a propriety.  Use the same cards but the non proprietary option. 

On 2020-03-16 at 9:16 PM, Remij_ said:

:drake: 

Just like I said :leo:

You guys were talking about using ANY old ass NVMe drive.....

NONE currently work... thus eliminating the "benefit" you thought you had....  You LITERALLY have to spend another "few hundred" on a drive :tom: 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Did you actually expect 2.23GHz? :drake: 

No... :drake: 

I'm referring to higher clock frequency increasing performance of all components within the GPU.... 

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No... :drake: 

I'm referring to higher clock frequency increases performance of all components within the GPU.... 

Exactly. 2.23GHz is... unheard of. Like I said, comparisons will definitely be interesting.

Just now, -GD- said:

Disappointing that the system is only 10.3

$399 or I will just wait for a price drop 

The SSD is nice.. but I'm wondering how 3rd parties will actually be able to utilize 2x the speed over the Series X in gameplay in any meaningful way.  Obviously they'd have to be developed with the lowest common denominator in mind... so I'm guessing it will largely just be 1-2 sec VS 4-5 seconds on Series X...

Sony's first parties will be able to do nice things with it though, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Exactly. 2.23GHz is... unheard of. Like I said, comparisons will definitely be interesting.

That's not what you said...  You said "Just as I thought after hearing 2.23GHz boost... the higher the frequency the faster all components within the GPU are"

I'm obviously refering to you saying "Just as I thought, the higher the frequency, the faster all components within the GPU are"....  to which I said... you actually had to be told that?  

That's true no matter if it's 1.6 to 1.8.... or 2 to 2.2...  

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You guys were talking about using ANY old ass NVMe drive.....

NONE currently work... thus eliminating the "benefit" you thought you had....  You LITERALLY have to spend another "few hundred" on a drive :tom: 

No dumb ass... I was talking about proprietary vs non proprietary. 

You numb nuts were saying there was no other option for consoles.... guess what surprise surprise... you were wrong again. 

Proprietary will be more expensive no matter how you spin it.

That was my point. 

Sony already got burned twice by using proprietary cards on PSP and Vita.  Glad they learned their lesson. 

Now it's MS turned to get burned :drake: