Official Mark Cerny "The Road to PS5" deep-dive video thread

I've already dismissed the OS stuff. I'm talking about for game application; there's no speculation there... games will benefit largely from the SSD speed gains. Many, many developers have chimed in on this.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I figure those would boost interaction 

20TF+ and 7GB/s SSDs  

Next gen sounds amazing. Our expectations a year ago.

10 GCN Tflops, nevermind VRS, Mesh shading etc to boost performance further

No Ray Tracing

No SSD at all, nevermind beastly 4-5gbps per second as minimum.

I'd like to remind that Stadia's 10.7 GCN flops, we were thinking that POS was what we would get.

Edited by Team 2019
5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Next gen sounds amazing. Our expectations a year ago.

10 GCN Tflops, nevermind VRS, Mesh shading etc to boost performance further

No Ray Tracing

No SSD at all, nevermind beastly 4-5gbps per second as minimum.

I'd like to remind that Stadia's 10.7 GCN flops, we were thinking that POS was what we would get.

Stadia hasn't even realized those teraflops. What a waste of resources. :tom: 

It's a bit funny how the media is jerking off to the PS5 SSD. It's like everyone forgot about X's 12tflops, more importantly RAM bandwidth advantage. Differences are small but X has the objective win.

This further proves gamers dont know shit about specs and hype whatever marketing bullshit that gets thrown at them. Tflops are officially dead according to the media.

Edited by Team 2019
On 2020-03-19 at 7:46 AM, Remij_ said:

No matter how "excellent" the results have been, being able to only play select PS4 titles is probably not going to sit well with those with an extensive catalog of PS4 games. Likewise, those on the fence about whether to invest in a PS5 or an Xbox Series X are not likely to be impressed.

Dumbnux3 :hest: 

On 2020-03-19 at 8:05 AM, Remij_ said:

No.  And I'm gonna throw this back in your fucking retarded face :hest: 

On 2020-03-19 at 8:08 AM, Remij_ said:

"running those titles as PS5's frequencies causes complexity..so we have to test each game individually.  We've tested 100 of the top PS4 games, and expect almost all of them to be playable at launch."

That's what's being said.

They're being purposefully ambiguous... because not all are going to work day one.  You don't say you expect almost all of the top 100 to be playable at launch... if you have a mode that guarantee's everything will work day 1.

God DAMN you're fucking dumb. :sabu: 

On 2020-03-19 at 8:16 AM, Remij_ said:

Just remember... you were told there that there is no "boost mode"...  The "boost" is from PS4 to PS5 frequencies...

And you were told here that you're a fucking idiot.

It's gonna be hilarious running this back once Sony has the balls to confirm it. :hehe: 

On 2020-03-19 at 8:25 AM, Remij_ said:

Nope. :reg: 

That shows the PS5's "3 modes" PS5 native... for PS5 games.. and PS4 legacy modes for BC... which need to be fucked around with because frequencies are too high.

On 2020-03-19 at 8:34 AM, Remij_ said:

Legacy mode is referring to the GPU logic and instruction set.  It basically switches the GPU into a mode that more closely resembles the PS4/PRO GPU logic.

They still have to contend with the gpu frequencies... which are too high for some games.

Batman-slapping-Robin-Meme-Blank.jpg

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Remember when they used to showcase new hardware with video games?

These new consoles and the nerdy tech talk is boring af. 

This was actually just the presentation for GDC so it was mostly meant for developers. I’m sure they’ll be a showcase sometime in the next few months with actual games. It’s just piecemeal marketing to build up hype. Next we’ll probably just see the actual box and probably a confirmation of the month of release.