9 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Lmao the so the Xbox X has a naturally aspirated v6 that you would find in a shitty V6 mustang and the PS5 is a a twin turbo beast that you would find in a Nissan GTR  XboxX is a mistake

You can't possibly be this dumb. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But devs only need this much [----------------------------]   And Sony is giving them this much [--------------------------------------------------------------]   What are they goi

Honestly as soon as Sony shows Silent Hill and Demon's Souls all this shit doesn't matter.

I'm sure you did... On PlayStation.

22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're not understanding this, I feel like i'm talking to a moron. There might be a limitation of appreciable effect that this can actually assert in a practical environment. 

Microsoft's SSD might be fast enough to tackle anything thrown at it as it stands so doubling up its effective speed would in essence do absolutely nothing

Lmfao :drake:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao :drake:

"With this 2.4GB/s drive we have created worlds with no perceivable boundaries or loading of any kind"

How would doubling up the bandwidth of the drive in any way influence a change in the above? You're not getting this....

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"With this 2.4GB/s drive we have created worlds with no perceivable boundaries or loading of any kind"

How would doubling up the bandwidth of the drive in any way influence a change in the above? You're not getting this....

More bandwidth means nothing... do you hear yourself? Lmfao :drake:

41 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You clearly don't understand anything being said to you. Why do I even bother with you simpletons...

says the guy who thinks this means nothing. 

You made a thread about this when you thought it was 5GB/s compressed.... now that you found out its twice that.. its.. m. bbbbut it doesn't matter :awww:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

says the guy who thinks this means nothing. 

You made a thread about this when you thought it was 5GB/s compressed.... now that you found out its twice that.. its.. m. bbbbut it doesn't matter :awww:

You don't even understand that you can't understand something, that's the level of stupidity on display from you. 

If worlds are already fully fleshed out and of such a scope and capable of loading in the background without a hitch on a 2.4GB/s SSD that no further appreciable benefit could be provided; then what's the point of something with twice the bandwidth?

Here I'll make you a graph because you're clearly fucking slow.

2.4GB/s SSD Capability

[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

5.5GB/s SSD Capability

[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Peak Bandwidth Requirement For Seamless Unintruded Worlds

[----------------------------------------------------------------]

What benefit is this more bandwidth capable SSD providing? None.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't even understand that you can't understand something, that's the level of stupidity on display from you. 

If worlds are already fully fleshed out and of such a scope and capable of loading in the background without a hitch on a 2.4GB/s SSD that no further appreciable benefit could be provided; then what's the point of something with twice the bandwidth?

2.4GB/s SSD Capability

[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

5.5GB/s SSD Capability

[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

:drake:

So you just created an imaginary limit for seamless worlds and then based all your assumptions on that.  To come to the conclusion that more bandwidth means nothing. 

:lawl:

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

:drake:

So you just created an imaginary limit for seamless worlds and then based all your assumptions on that.  To come to the conclusion that more bandwidth means nothing. 

:lawl:

I think you greatly overestimate what the requirements are going to be to get to what is being discussed. The SX is already a 40x increase over what we have right now, 40 TIMES... 

You're also completely forgetting about rendering budget relative to scale, performance factoring and so on and so forth. Microsoft didn't skimp out on their SSD, does ANY part of their system seem as if it wasn't done without expressed intention? 

Every aspect of that system was thought out from the bottom to the top. There is a point with these type of things where the difference would be outside of our range of appreciable perception. It doesn't matter if Sony could load in a world twice as large if the boundaries of said world on Microsoft's system was already inexplicably large, not to mention can be further loaded in behind the scenes in such a way as to there never being any kind of difference. 

The bandwidth capability of your drive beyond another doesn't matter if your competitors drive is already pushing things outside of the range of perception. 

Dynocrap's argument is that developers can't imagine of any idea of why they would need to load alot of data very fast.

That the very limits of gaming design and developer's imaginations have already been reached.

:tom: it just sounds so 2005-era pathetically childish

Just now, jehurey said:

Dynocrap's argument is that developers can't imagine of any idea of why they would need to load alot of data very fast.

That the very limits of gaming design and developer's imaginations have already been reached.

:tom: it just sounds so 2005-era pathetically childish

I didn't say anything even remotely of this nature, you're illterate. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I didn't say anything even remotely of this nature, you're illterate. 

yes you did.

you literally VISUALIZED it.

Imagine if you did it in real life, how stupid you would look when trying to explain it.

itsawonderfullife.png

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yes you did.

you literally VISUALIZED it.

Imagine if you did it in real life, how stupid you would look when trying to explain it.

Yeah you're blocked again, I'm not playing your stupid games. What you said bears zero relation to what I said, the end.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah you're blocked again, I'm not playing your stupid games. What you said bears zero relation to what I said, the end.

In other words, I demonstrated to you how stupid you already look now.

You see the PS5 will do THIS!!!!!:yeshrug:

ANd the Xbox already does THIS!!:lawd:

But developers only need THIS MUCH.:mindblown:

So THIS isn't necesarry!!

50 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

2.4GB/s SSD Capability

5.5GB/s SSD Capability

First thing Mark Cerny came out and said was, "developers number one request was a faster SSD" and yet you can't comprehend how developers will utilize 5.5GB/s of raw throughput; followed by wishful thinking.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

First thing Mark Cerny came out and said was, "developers number one request was a faster SSD" and yet you can't comprehend how developers will utilize 5.5GB/s of raw throughput; followed by wishful thinking.

giphy.gif

Notice how he tried to play stupid and pretend he didn't watch the conference or read all of the threads that dilvulged all of the core information.

And then hours later has only get SELECTIVE memory of the specs that allow him wiggle room to downplay them. LOL

So, he conveniently forgets that developers asked for it, he conveniently forgets how Mark Cerny gave a visual demonstration of how game levels are designed the way they are and how it relates to data loading. And then proceed to claim that developers don't need that feature.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Notice how he tried to play stupid and pretend he didn't watch the conference or read all of the threads that dilvulged all of the core information.

And then hours later has only get SELECTIVE memory of the specs that allow him wiggle room to downplay them. LOL

So, he conveniently forgets that developers asked for it, he conveniently forgets how Mark Cerny gave a visual demonstration of how game levels are designed the way they are and how it relates to data loading. And then proceed to claim that developers don't need that feature.

Look at it this way... if the PS5 was 2.4GB/s raw throughput and the XSX was 5.5GB/s raw throughput the PS5's SSD would only be a "paltry" 2.4GB/s in comparison and developers would love it. :mj: 

Edited by lynux3