If you're playing DOOM Eternal on Steam... make sure you do this

Disable the steam in-game overlay.  It fucks with the performance due to how it injects itself on the compute queue.  And I'm not just talking about the "fps overlay" I'm talking the whole steam in-game overlay.

The game has its own FPS and performance metrics if you want to see what you're getting.  

It will make a HUGE difference.. and the performance in this game is just... :blessed:

lol thats fucked up, i have it enabled for all games. the only thing i changed was the keyboard combo to bring up the steam menu overlay thingy. 

Edited by kaz

Are you playing it at 4k or something? It seems super optimized. I have all the settings on ultra minus the ones I don't use/like at 1440p triple buffering and even without dynamic resolution on it goes over 100fps if vsync is off. For me once I go over 1440p it seems to get slow. Feels like 8gb isn't enough vram but I only have a 1080p monitor so i don't care. 

6 hours ago, roflpwnedz said:

Are you playing it at 4k or something? It seems super optimized. I have all the settings on ultra minus the ones I don't use/like at 1440p triple buffering and even without dynamic resolution on it goes over 100fps if vsync is off. For me once I go over 1440p it seems to get slow. Feels like 8gb isn't enough vram but I only have a 1080p monitor so i don't care. 

don't be afraid to crank those settings up even further. I have most on Ultra Nightmare and it still runs super smooth on my measly 980 GTX.

26 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Will do! :lemming:

And if you're playing it on the Swit---

oops... you're not :freeman:

• Haha 1

I'm watching someone play Doom Eternal live on Youtube. 

Is this game just a battle arena/MP game of Free for all, deathmatch, capture the flag non-sense? 

That is all I am seeing watching this and it looks boring, Quake III Arena did all this two decades ago. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
12 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I'm watching someone play Doom Eternal live on Youtube. 

Is this game just a battle arena/MP game of Free for all, deathmatch, capture the flag non-sense? 

That is all I am seeing watching this and it looks boring, Quake III Arena did all this two decades ago. 

thats just the MP portion.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

don't be afraid to crank those settings up even further. I have most on Ultra Nightmare and it still runs super smooth on my measly 980 GTX.

I probably can. I mistakenly left it on auto undervolt mode which isn't the best. I have to research the frame timing thing. Not sure if it's normal for it to increase when limiting the fps and for it to go down when leaving it uncapped and not sure whether it matters. 

Also, I'm pretty sure I played the last game on Nightmare. But this nightmare seems a lot harder. Maybe I just suck. Well, the more I die the longer the game will last :dipbaby:

22 hours ago, roflpwnedz said:

I probably can. I mistakenly left it on auto undervolt mode which isn't the best. I have to research the frame timing thing. Not sure if it's normal for it to increase when limiting the fps and for it to go down when leaving it uncapped and not sure whether it matters. 

Also, I'm pretty sure I played the last game on Nightmare. But this nightmare seems a lot harder. Maybe I just suck. Well, the more I die the longer the game will last :dipbaby:

Im on normal and the game is still surprisingly difficult. They do give you the extra lives which lessens the difficulty though.

Also FUCK whoever designed the Marauder :meh:  One of the most annoying enemies in a game this gen.

Edited by Twinblade