VG Tech: Resident Evil 3 Remake Demo Frame Rate Comparison

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

At least Capcom cared enough to release it on the system :mjgrin: 

they didn't care enough to optimize it fully and chose to optimize the weaker console because that's where the majority of sales will come from.    Which what myself and others were saying :mjpls:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DoneX running worse than Base PS4      It's a Monster!  

I agree slow Jonny great thread to Bump.     

14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You're the idiot who claimed it wasn't an optimization issue but the goes on to list an optimization issue as the reason. 

You're the idiot who claimed "bbbbut it's only a demo will be fixed at retail".... only to now claim other people are idiots for being right and you being wrong :drake:

"Optimization" :hest:

X: 3840

Y: 2160

to

X: 2880

Y: 1620

It's a god damn config edit you idiot lol.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"Optimization" :hest:

X: 3840

Y: 2160

to

X: 2880

Y: 1620

He now doubles down that fine tuning the resolution on a console game to optimize the frame rate of a game is not part of optimizing a game :drake:

17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

they didn't care enough to optimize it fully and chose to optimize the weaker console because that's where the majority of sales will come from.    Which what myself and others were saying :mjpls:

But at least they cared enough to release it on the platform unlike a certain other platform... which is what I'm saying. :shrug: 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

But at least they cared enough to release it on the platform unlike a certain other platform... which is what I'm saying. :shrug: 

that's great and all but still doesn't change that it runs like shit on X :tom5:

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

We get Resident Evil 3, they get Resident Evil 0

:lawl:

And I'm not sure why he's droning on about optimization... the numbers make sense for the resolutions being pushed given each set of hardware.  Resolution has nothing to do with optimization on an engine level.  I can have the most optimized engine on PC ever, and bumping up the resolution past a point will always tank performance... 

It's a simple matter of different targets for different platforms.  Capcom probably thinks Xbox fans, more specifically X1X fans, care more about resolution and higher graphical settings.. hence the bias towards that instead of maintaining close to 60fos as possible.

The engine itself is very optimized across all platforms.  That's one of the most notable things about the engine.  RE2 and DMC5 prove it.

It shouldn't be anything for them to drop the res... literally the easiest thing. 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

that's great and all but still doesn't change that it runs like shit on X :tom5:

It is great.  It shows they cared enough to release the game on the platform... unlike Switch... and we know it wouldn't run any better on Switch :hest: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It is great.  It shows they cared enough to release the game on the platform... unlike Switch... and we know it wouldn't run any better on Switch :hest: 

again that's great and all... but still has nothing to do with it running like shit on X :cmpunk2:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

again that's great and all... but still has nothing to do with it running like shit on X :cmpunk2:

Running at 4K 40-50fps is "running like shit"?

Coming from a sheep that's hilarious :mj: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Running at 4K 40-50fps is "running like shit"?

Coming from a sheep that's hilarious :mj: 

Compared to the 60fps on Pro... yes its shit. 

Lemmings are actively running from comparing X to pro..... it's it's... it's a monster :lawl:

On 2020-03-31 at 7:53 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

You probably should have sat on this. The game comes out in 3 days and a day one update will eat you alive. You didn't even bother looking at the versions.

Playstation: Version 1.03

Xbox: Version 1.0.0.4

:deadest:

:kaz: