I think Sony got caught off guard with the PS5 :francis:

ps5 is a weak af console k :kaz:  

muuuuuuuh pixxeelllssss :crymore:  i want to play 4 games simultaneouslyyyiiwwaaahh  :cries:  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think yous are all ignoring a gigantic factor. We are all acting like this is going to be a PS5 v Series X where XSX is the standard box for xbox and that is where it's market share is going to be.

I think yous are all ignoring a gigantic factor. We are all acting like this is going to be a PS5 v Series X where XSX is the standard box for xbox and that is where it's market share is going to be. All signs point to the fact that it isn't going to be the sole SKU at launch. XSX is their premium box and we are going to see a XSS most likely. One that will be far weaker and one that will sell the large majority of Xbox next gen systems (Price beats power). We are going into next gen where the largest market share will be the PS5, then XSS and then XSX and for the millionth time, we know what happens to the system with the smallest market share. We've just seen years of the One X destroying Pro in power and yet how many games does that gap actually show? RDR2 the only real standout. First party Sony games still looked better than first party Xbox and multiplats were a mixed bag and most definitely no gigantic differences to the vast majority of ppl. 

Next we move on to price. Sony is probably dying to price this at 399 but will probably end up at 499 cause they don't want to take a loss. A lot of ppl think MS is going to bite the bullet and sell XSX at that same price and take a huge hit..... you think that is still such an easy decision to do given the current economic climate? Already there is going to be a gigantic financial shit, MSFT stock price a dropped massively from it's high in Feb and will most likely continue to do so. We know Sony's system is costing about 450 and its 'a weak system' according to yous. So what do you think XSX is gonna cost? You think MS want or can take a $100+ loss on a console right now? XSX will most likely be 599 which we know how the market reacts to that. 

Yous are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. Sony didn't get caught off guard, they designed a console with a price point in line. MS went a diff strategy of multiple SKUs meaning they could do an all out system because that isn't were their market share was going to come from. But ya'll are acting like MS has somehow already won some contest cause they have 2TFs more on a system we don't know price, games or market share on. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

I think yous are all ignoring a gigantic factor. We are all acting like this is going to be a PS5 v Series X where XSX is the standard box for xbox and that is where it's market share is going to be. All signs point to the fact that it isn't going to be the sole SKU at launch. XSX is their premium box and we are going to see a XSS most likely. One that will be far weaker and one that will sell the large majority of Xbox next gen systems (Price beats power). We are going into next gen where the largest market share will be the PS5, then XSS and then XSX and for the millionth time, we know what happens to the system with the smallest market share. We've just seen years of the One X destroying Pro in power and yet how many games does that gap actually show? RDR2 the only real standout. First party Sony games still looked better than first party Xbox and multiplats were a mixed bag and most definitely no gigantic differences to the vast majority of ppl. 

Next we move on to price. Sony is probably dying to price this at 399 but will probably end up at 499 cause they don't want to take a loss. A lot of ppl think MS is going to bite the bullet and sell XSX at that same price and take a huge hit..... you think that is still such an easy decision to do given the current economic climate? Already there is going to be a gigantic financial shit, MSFT stock price a dropped massively from it's high in Feb and will most likely continue to do so. We know Sony's system is costing about 450 and its 'a weak system' according to yous. So what do you think XSX is gonna cost? You think MS want or can take a $100+ loss on a console right now? XSX will most likely be 599 which we know how the market reacts to that. 

Yous are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. Sony didn't get caught off guard, they designed a console with a price point in line. MS went a diff strategy of multiple SKUs meaning they could do an all out system because that isn't were their market share was going to come from. But ya'll are acting like MS has somehow already won some contest cause they have 2TFs more on a system we don't know price, games or market share on. 

Dawg, there's only the Xbox Series X.. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

We'll see. If so, XSX better be same price as PS5. 

Literally none of this tech shit matters if there is a $100 price difference. 

Of course it does because the value for what you get is absolutely there, it's a considerably more capable machine. You're trying to make this out to be some 2013 Xbox One shit, this ain't that. 

Also in your infinite wisdom you're completely forgetting that Sony's physical SSD probably adds to the cost nearly what Microsoft's compute uptick does so they're no doubt spread very evenly on system cost. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Of course it does because the value for what you get is absolutely there, it's a considerably more capable machine. You're trying to make this out to be some 2013 Xbox One shit, this ain't that. 

No it doesn't. Value means shit if the price is above what most people can afford, no less at what looks like to be during the greatest time of economic hardship in nearly everyone's life. If Xbox released a $1000 20TF machine that rivals the most expensive PCs it still won't matter cause the average consumer isn't dropping $1000 on a console. The high end market is a niche market. Consoles are mainstream. Price and games are the only things that matter. Price most of all. 

Not to mention that if PS5 is $499 and XSX is $599 then their value proposition is identical. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

No it doesn't. Value means shit if the price is above what most people can afford, no less at what looks like to be during the greatest time of economic hardship in nearly everyone's life. If Xbox released a $1000 20TF machine that rivals the most expensive PCs it still won't matter cause the average consumer isn't dropping $1000 on a console. The high end market is a niche market. Consoles are mainstream. Price and games are the only things that matter. Price most of all. 

Not to mention that if PS5 is $499 and XSX is $599 then their value proposition is identical. 

Not one of you actually believe this will be $599, you want it to be $599. Who do you think you're fooling?

Not one of you actually believe this will be $599, you want it to be $599. Who do you think you're fooling?

Why the fuck would I want a console I'm buying to be more expensive :biggrin: You're the only one that believes this fanboy shit here. 

What I'd give for PS5 $399 and XSX $499.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Why the fuck would I want a console I'm buying to be more expensive :biggrin: You're the only one that believes this fanboy shit here. 

What I'd give for PS5 $399 and XSX $499.

They'll no doubt both be $499, Sony's compute angle might be cheaper than Microsoft's but the SSD no doubt makes up for it.

They'll no doubt both be $499, Sony's compute angle might be cheaper than Microsoft's but the SSD no doubt makes up for it.

Hope so. $1000 for both systems is what I'm hoping for. But it's also why all this talk is pointless till we get price. Any advantage or disadvantage a system has is only relevant when equated to price. You don't believe so but it is still possible we launch next gen with 3 systems at 3 price points.