Less than 24h until Half-Life: Alyx is out

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I prepared myself by replaying HL1 and 2 and playing the episodes for the first time. The eps are terrible. HL2 + eps is such a downgrade compared to HL1 + blue shift and opposing force. 

But tbh I didn't give up hope yet, one of my biggest gripe with HL2 was the story gap and I hope HL: Alyx will deliver on that part and explains it in a satisfying manner.

If they won't even touch the fact that Gordon was "frozen" all this time in the black mesa train at the end of HL1 after accepting G-mans offer right until the start of HL2 when he arrives in City 17 I won't care about the story anymore which was convoluted in the first place. HL2's storytelling was a clusterfuck and confusing. 

:mj2:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:mj2:

Idk, in this case i'd love to hear other opinions rather than a smiley that says nothing. 

I have to add the ending of episode 2 was awful. The gameplay loop of waves of enemies nearly killed me by boredom. The last moment when you had to defend the rocket silo/base from the striders. Who the fuck thought that's a good idea.

The release date excuse is something I read about people use as a defense, but the gameplay was just terrible, not to mention how the story unfolded and so many things left in the dark. I feel like the engine was the biggest achievement of 2. Ugh. I wish 2 was so much better cause HL1 had such an amazing premise. 

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

Man, Im really behind on VR stuff lately. No doubt this is one of the most important VR game to date and will deliver an amazing gameplay experience. Go VR, go.

it's basically the first VR game. :mj:  lmfao early adopters playing trashy demos and incomplete garbo

3 minutes ago, kaz said:

it's basically the first VR game. :mj:  lmfao early adopters playing trashy demos and incomplete garbo

You have no idea what youre talking about. Was RE7 an incomplete demo? Roff, that was one of the earliest VR game.

And just because a game is short doesnt mean that its garbage. Astro Bot takes like 5 hours to beat, yet its one of the very best game you can play in VR. I doubt Alyx will be that lenghty anyway.

Skyrim is one of the lengthiest game I have for VR but its far from being the best one.

The real issue is that most VR games are from indie studios with limited budgets and AAA studios are nowhere to be found, minus a few.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

You have no idea what youre talking about. Was RE7 an incomplete demo? Roff, that was one of the earliest VR game.

And just because a game is short doesnt mean that its garbage. Astro Bot takes like 5 hours to beat, yet its one of the very best game you can play in VR. I doubt Alyx will be that lenghty anyway.

Skyrim is one of the lengthiest game I have for VR but its far from being the best one.

The real issue is that most VR games are from indie studios with limited budgets and AAA studios are nowhere to be found, minus a few.

:mj: RE7, medal of honor and alyx

22 minutes ago, kaz said:

:mj: RE7, medal of honor and alyx

I had so much fun with VR this gen, fuck the haters like you who never experienced VR. Casual scum. :D 

In Death

Superhot VR

Astro Bot

Wipeout

RE7

Skyrim

To The Top

Moss

Beat Saber

Blood and Truth

Sairento

Firewall Zero Hour