DLSS 2.0 coming to Control and Mechwarrior 5

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-dlss-2-0-a-big-leap-in-ai-rendering/

DLSS 2.0 offers several key enhancements over the original version:

• Superior Image Quality - DLSS 2.0 offers image quality comparable to native resolution while rendering only one quarter to one half of the pixels. It employs new temporal feedback techniques for sharper image details and improved stability from frame to frame.
  • Great Scaling Across All GeForce RTX GPUs and Resolutions - A new AI network more efficiently uses Tensor Cores to execute 2X faster than the original. This improves frame rates and eliminates previous limitations on which GPUs, settings, and resolutions could be enabled.
  • One Network For All Games - The original DLSS required training the AI network for each new game. DLSS 2.0 trains using non-game-specific content, delivering a generalized network that works across games. This means faster game integrations, and ultimately more DLSS games.
  • Customizable Options - DLSS 2.0 offers users 3 image quality modes - Quality, Balanced, Performance - that control the game’s internal rendering resolution, with Performance mode enabling up to 4X super resolution (i.e. 1080p → 4K). This means more user choice, and even bigger performance boosts.

This is all that needs to be shown...

control-nvidia-dlss-2.0-comparison-004.p

They really have reached native IQ and in some cases better with this new version of DLSS.  They've fucking done it :blessed: 

Holy shit... I missed the biggest part of the news.. they've integrated it into a branch of UE4...

NVIDIA has also made it easier for developers to access DLSS. With DLSS 2.0 now built into a custom branch of the Unreal Engine 4 codebase, adopting the technology is easier than ever before.

:vince: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

I swear I thought I saw you make this thread already. I think DLSS has come a long way in a short period of time. 

I bumped the old one with the tweet from Videocardz that basically said it was going to happen.. but it was just a rumor.  Today they confirmed it.. and released a bunch of new info/media on it so I decided to make it it's own thread.

Yea, there's absolutely no denying it.  It looks better, has less artifacts, runs faster, no longer requires per-game training, and now honestly does essentially match the native implementations.  

I still can't believe it's merged in with UE4 now... that's definitely going to boost adoption as well.  

It started out rough.. but it's starting to come together.  The networks are only going to get better with time too.

• 1 year later...
50 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

:smoke: 

btw @Remij for some reason G-Sync hasn't worked since I installed my new GPU :mjcry: its definitely enabled in the Nvidia Control Panel. Not sure whats going on.

You have a PG279Q right?

I forget which button it is on the side, but turn on your refresh rate overlay.  It'll show you whether or not Gsync is working.  Just to be sure.

Are your frames too high and over the refresh rate of the monitor?  If so, then you'll be engaging Vsync and you can have tearing.

The best rule of thumb is:

Enable Gsync in the control panel

Leave the Vsync setting to "Let the application decide"

Use a framerate limiter and set it to a few FPS under your monitors refresh rate (say for 144hz set it to 142)

Enable Vsync in the game you're playing

And that should be good.  You'll ensure that gsync is always engaged.

• Like 1