Official Half-Life: Alyx Review thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just beat it, my god this was absolutely incredible. A perfect mix of 1 & 2, shocking revelations, shocking implications, easily the most jaw dropping ending I've ever had in a game.   

Half Life  Bleeding Edge  

Not bad.    So we got 93....   -5 because it's half life and gabe made them wait 13 years so they wanted it more -5 because it's valve and the same reasons -10 because it

Posted Images

I just finished playing for an hour and a half.

Man...

This world is INCREDIBLE in VR.  Holy SHIT are the combine intimidating.  The audio design in this is second to none. :whew: 

The reloading mechanic is actually quite involved.  You have to first eject the clip from the gun, grab the clip from your backpack, load it in, and either pull back the slide physically or by pressing a button.  In the heat of action like when multiple zombies are coming towards you, it makes it that much more intense.

The gravity gloves are incredible and work just how you'd expect.  They feel so good to use.

This game has raised the bar.. and I'm barely even started.

Also.. while there's lots of accessibility options I haven't really messed around with yet.. I'd definitely recommend a decent sized area to move around in.. because it has you reaching down low, as well as up high. to grab things and look through and around things.

I can't fucking believe it... I'm playing a new Half Life game :dame: 

Yeah, I'm calling fake reviews on this one - game looks absolutely dreadful.

I assume Valve has strong-armed the industry reviewers to overate this game, or VR standards are just so exceptionally low that a title as sterile as this could be rated so highly.

This is a sad day for the industry, RIP to the integrity of any site that gave this higher than a 7, it's simply not possible that this is good.

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

Yeah, I'm calling fake reviews on this one - game looks absolutely dreadful.

I assume Valve has strong-armed the industry reviewers to overate this game, or VR standards are just so exceptionally low that a title as sterile as this could be rated so highly.

This is a sad day for the industry, RIP to the integrity of any site that gave this higher than a 7, it's simply not possible that this is good.

Shut the fuck up, you're so annoying