Official Half-Life: Alyx Review thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just beat it, my god this was absolutely incredible. A perfect mix of 1 & 2, shocking revelations, shocking implications, easily the most jaw dropping ending I've ever had in a game.   

Half Life  Bleeding Edge  

Not bad.    So we got 93....   -5 because it's half life and gabe made them wait 13 years so they wanted it more -5 because it's valve and the same reasons -10 because it

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I just beat it, my god this was absolutely incredible. A perfect mix of 1 & 2, shocking revelations, shocking implications, easily the most jaw dropping ending I've ever had in a game. 

I am in shock right now...

:whew:

I want it so badly, I love Half Life and you know how much I love VR gaming. PSVR2 is years away ffs and not even guaranteed. :scared: 

Man those headcrabs must be scary af in VR.

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I want it so badly, I love Half Life and you know how much I love VR gaming. PSVR2 is years away ffs and not even guaranteed. :scared: 

Man those headcrabs must be scary af in VR.

Let me just say this, I'm mentally in the same place I was right at the end of Half-Life 2. 

Valve is into some serious shit with this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Let me just say this, I'm mentally in the same place I was right at the end of Half-Life 2. 

Valve is into some serious shit with this. 

so you were frustrated about it stopping abruptly without an ending? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I can't t3ll you what happ3n3d, but th3r3's not an abrupt 3nd. 

:blessed:

ok! you can stop writing like a r3tard now

• Haha 2

Im gonna try and get in some longer sessions tomorrow and see if i can finish it. The whole VR experience is just so uncomfortable, and I was having some issues with my view getting jittery last time I played.

Edited by Twinblade
22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Its cool as a VR game, but nothing really sticks out as being AAA quality, at least in comparison to the previous HL games. Its too limited and still has a lot of the jankiness of other first person VR games.

Edited by Twinblade
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Its cool as a VR game, but nothing really sticks out as being AAA quality, at least in comparison to the previous HL games. Its too limited and still has a lot of the jankiness of other first person VR games.

Mmmhmm

:pffft: