The Official Covid-19 "What Are You Up To?" Thread. (No Flaming/Politics/News - We could use a positive thread lol)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Self distancing baptism

Put my dog down. 2020 fucking sucks.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ©linton514® said:

Let's see, been home with the fam. Didn't get much game time going except my kids harassed me into installing Fortnite on my PC so that I could play with them. :D

lmao! Next they'll have you learning the dance moves.

• Geese 1

This morning has been pretty damn good. I worked out, watched a little ozark, napped for an hour, and now I’m watching more ozark lol. I may do a second workout in the afternoon. It’s nice not running a billion errands. 

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

This morning has been pretty damn good. I worked out, watched a little ozark, napped for an hour, and now I’m watching more ozark lol. I may do a second workout in the afternoon. It’s nice not running a billion errands. 

Not having the ability to nap as I please is going to be a terrible loss. :( 

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Not having the ability to nap as I please is going to be a terrible loss. :( 

Man..a map goes a long way after back or leg days. But I think they are great, in general. Sometimes, I’ll close my office door at work and take power naps. Those 15 minutes can be a godsend. 

and I feel your pain bro :( I usually do a lot on the weekends (family stuff, mostly), and I rarely get to nap. I get cranky af lol. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

I hope they release a non-vr version :lupe:

Won't happen, I already went over this with people on Gaf.

They won't be able to pick up most crucial items in the environment which have many core functions, they won't be able to do most of the puzzles many of which are required to advance in the game.

The environments are scaled much smaller for close quarters encounters. Enemy count is lessened because a high count is not required for tense combat scenarios in VR. Pacing is dramatically slower because the intricacy of environmental interactions and requirements in them is ramped up.

Not only would this be an abysmal experience outside of VR, I'm flat out telling you it would be impossible to beat. These people are pushing for something that is great as intended but broken, unbeatable and damn near unplayable as not intended.

No one is mad, the people pushing for this 2D nonsense have no contextual understanding of the impossibility of the proposition. Here's a great example.

There's a point in the game where there is an entire room filled with laser mines and explosive barrels, you have to hack them to advance. In order to do this you not only need to lean and bend down in this 3D spatial environment, you have to contort the multitool in every direction in 3D to solve the puzzle which deactivates them.

This is one of about a hundred different situations that is simply not possible to do outside of a VR environment. This 2D nonsense has no chance or hope of ever working, people are wasting their time, the core of the game is designed around a method of control and interaction which cannot be done outside of its intended use.

Playing:  Shinsekai: into the Depths 

Reading: The Orchard Keeper by Cormac Mccarthy

Also selling random crap I don't need or want on eBay, over the past 2 weeks:

786154735_ScreenShot2020-03-29at12_16_22AM.png.53bdcb8ce3e070d7e9c270c9c186a233.png

I head out only once a week to ship off packages and buy essentials in a surgical mask + gloves. I'm living as a porter in Death stranding. 

:tom5:

For reals, unless my gf can pull $4000 out of her ass, I’m kicking her out of my house and breaking up with her. She’s not worth this effort. She currently has pink eye. Gross! Sex was fucking great and probably be hard to find again. I’m calling her mom tomorrow and letting her know. Separating our shit will be a nightmare but I think I’ll get to keep most of it since it’s already in my house and she has nowhere and will probably have to move back with her mom. I know she has room. It’ll also be good to have the hour and a half distance between us. I’m already hitting tinder and getting some hot matches and there’s this redhead at work I’d consider seriously dating once I figure out her relationship status. Shame I was in a relationship all this time because I probably had two missed opportunities with two separate really nice women. Sorry for the rant, I had to get this out somewhere. 

Drawing. Took a break and watched News on Youtube and was reminded of the pandemic at hand, and I began to worry.  Then I remembered the text message my mom sent me the other day that was a message from my Grandma to read Psalms 91 every day.  Which I did again just now.  Thought I share it here with you all to read it too. 

Psalms 91 

The Lord Is My Fortress 

Live under the protection
    of God Most High
    and stay in the shadow
    of God All-Powerful.

Then you will say to the Lord,
“You are my fortress,
    my place of safety;
    you are my God,
    and I trust you.”

The Lord will keep you safe
from secret traps
    and deadly diseases.

He will spread his wings
over you
    and keep you secure.
    His faithfulness is like
    a shield or a city wall.[a]

You won’t need to worry
about dangers at night
    or arrows during the day.

And you won’t fear diseases
that strike in the dark
    or sudden disaster at noon.

You will not be harmed,
    though thousands fall
    all around you.

And with your own eyes
you will see
    the punishment
    of the wicked.

The Lord Most High
    is your fortress.
Run to him for safety,

and no terrible disasters
    will strike you
    or your home.

God will command his angels
to protect you
    wherever you go.

They will carry you
    in their arms,
    and you won’t hurt your feet
    on the stones.

You will overpower
the strongest lions
    and the most deadly snakes.

The Lord says,
“If you love me
    and truly know who I am,
    I will rescue you
    and keep you safe.

When you are in trouble,
    call out to me.
I will answer and be there
    to protect and honor you.

You will live a long life
    and see my saving power.”

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

For reals, unless my gf can pull $4000 out of her ass, I’m kicking her out of my house and breaking up with her. She’s not worth this effort. She currently has pink eye. Gross! Sex was fucking great and probably be hard to find again. I’m calling her mom tomorrow and letting her know. Separating our shit will be a nightmare but I think I’ll get to keep most of it since it’s already in my house and she has nowhere and will probably have to move back with her mom. I know she has room. It’ll also be good to have the hour and a half distance between us. I’m already hitting tinder and getting some hot matches and there’s this redhead at work I’d consider seriously dating once I figure out her relationship status. Shame I was in a relationship all this time because I probably had two missed opportunities with two separate really nice women. Sorry for the rant, I had to get this out somewhere. 

If she wants to take you to task then you have to legally evict her, and evictions are currently suspended :lawl:

Edited by DynamiteCop!