The Official Covid-19 "What Are You Up To?" Thread. (No Flaming/Politics/News - We could use a positive thread lol)

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, it's perfect to just get good and practice your skills. If you win the annual tournament, I think they pay for you to go to the WSOP and pay your entry for a smaller bracelet event.

I should also say the $400 is every 20 minutes from 12pm-12am like 3 days a week. They also have jackpots for hands 4 of a kind or better. Those jackpots aren't in play though when the high hand is going on.

That actually sounds like a pain for them to track depending on the amount of tables.

I bet it works out well for them though, probably gets people to open their range quite a bit and chase hands. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Self distancing baptism

Put my dog down. 2020 fucking sucks.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Casual said:

That actually sounds like a pain for them to track depending on the amount of tables.

I bet it works out well for them though, probably gets people to open their range quite a bit and chase hands. 

Yeah, I just go play $3/$6 limit hold'em during that time because people are crazy and usually playing for the high hand more than playing poker. You can get some crazy beats. I actually hate limit hold'em for that exact reason.

i'm thinking of getting persona 5 royal. i've beaten the first, own an unopened collector's edition as well, yet i think i may triple dip. i just want to get consumed in its world, especially with all of the enhancements (apparently, mementos is actually good now). 

Just now, Ike said:

Yeah, I just go play $3/$6 limit hold'em during that time because people are crazy and usually playing for the high hand more than playing poker. You can get some crazy beats. I actually hate limit hold'em for that exact reason.

Yeah, main reason i don't like limit tbh. You get people chasing everything and then when you do have a hand that can punish you're unable to do so because of the limit.

I get the appeal, it's closer to straight up gambling and you're capped on what your potential losses are. 

Just now, -GD- said:

i'm thinking of getting persona 5 royal. i've beaten the first, own an unopened collector's edition as well, yet i think i may triple dip. i just want to get consumed in its world, especially with all of the enhancements (apparently, mementos is actually good now). 

Man id buy the shit out of it if it was on switch. 

I do have an itch for a weab RPG....never did that second fire emblem playthrough, perhaps it's time. 

Just now, Casual said:

Man id buy the shit out of it if it was on switch. 

I do have an itch for a weab RPG....never did that second fire emblem playthrough, perhaps it's time. 

oh man....do it! there are a lot of changes if you switch houses and side with the "other" person. 

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Bought 15 kilos of pork meat,  4 kilos of cheese, 3 butter, 4 mayo, 50 eggs. Full keto quarantine.

Should have bought something green or I hope you have a fiber supplement because you're going to find it hard to take a shit with that diet. :ben:

How are the shelves at the grocery stores where you're at?

I just went shopping for the first time in ten days. Last time a lot of the shelves were wiped out. It looked like Mad Max. Now they're okay but California being California the cheese and frozen pizza sections are still wiped out. Fortunately the wine supply continues to go strong. 

14 minutes ago, Saucer said:

I just went shopping for the first time in ten days. Last time a lot of the shelves were wiped out. It looked like Mad Max. Now they're okay but California being California the cheese and frozen pizza sections are still wiped out. Fortunately the wine supply continues to go strong. 

I went last week and the ramen and some of the canned good were still missing. I was going to make a stop at Safeway today.

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

Haven't had an issue in Toronto. 

Three grocery stores in my area and they've all been stocked fine when I go there. The first week or so the canned goods aisles were pretty bare and toilet paper/cleaning supplies were a bit hit and miss but otherwise you wouldn't know the difference. 

Think a large part of it is that all those stores serve people who live in condos/small spaces. No ones got space to store all that shit. 

Still try not to go too often, and we got a decent amount of pasta/frozen stuff if shit really went down. 

Edited by Casual
  • 3 weeks later...