Serious post about which console I am choosing next gen.

So I will obviously have a Switch (which I currently own) a Switch Pro ( if Nintendo makes one), and an Xbox Series X.  The PS5 is ugly as sin and the dualshock controller sucks.  

I consider the power of both consoles to be equal.  The Series X only has 1.7 teraflops on the PS5 and the PS5 has faster memory transfer, so games will look the same.  If MS gets their shit together they will be in second place barely beating out Sony.  

• NPC 2
1 hour ago, lostfool said:

So I will obviously have a Switch (which I currently own) a Switch Pro ( if Nintendo makes one), and an Xbox Series X.  The PS5 is ugly as sin and the dualshock controller sucks.  

I consider the power of both consoles to be equal.  The Series X only has 1.7 teraflops on the PS5 and the PS5 has faster memory transfer, so games will look the same.  If MS gets their shit together they will be in second place barely beating out Sony.  

I can sleep easy tonight now I have this information. 

18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Game pass filler :D

At least the game pass filler is free . On ps4 you have to buy days done and shenmue 3 ROFL 

Full Price Filler TCHBO

The Series X has a 1.875 teraflop advantage at minimum, you have to remember the PS5 has a frequency which is downwardly variable, so that could make it 2 Teraflops or more. You also have to account for the RDNA 2.0 efficiency uplift over the previous GCN architecture. 

Basically the Series X's GPU has a compute advantage which equals out to a 1 1/2 to 2 entire PlayStation 4 GPU's in terms of raw compute, it's nearly a Pro on top of the PS5's GPU. They're not even remotely equal. The Series X also has a CPU advantage, it's not huge by any means but it is a factor, and the PS5's CPU again can variably fluctuate downwardly. 

The SSD is unknown territory right now, PS5's SSD is far faster however we don't know the implications of that if there even is any. There could be a threshold both are well beyond which makes their practical differences in function in terms of gaming nearly nonexistent. People talk about these limitless worlds and yada, yada but fail to realize the system has to be able to actually render what you're seeing on screen, so it seems to mostly be for not. 

The Series X also has a major memory bandwidth advantage. While they both possess 16 GB's of total RAM, the Series X's pool has 10 GB's which has 112 GB/s more bandwidth than PS5's 448 GB/s pool. Why this is substantial is because instead of intelligently parsing bandwidth where is needed the PS5's pool merely applies the same bandwidth to everything, not giving enough where is needed and too much where it's not. The CPU, OS, sub-processing systems, audio processing, and other various background functions don't need 560 GB/s of bandwidth, they don't even need 448 GB/s, which is why the system has a secondary bank of GDDR6 modules which operates at 336 GB/s. It's all a unified pool however the bandwidth is intelligently divided where it is and is not required.  

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

The power difference between SuckiesX and PS5 is smaller than the difference between dOneX and PS4 Pro and look how that played out.

No games, routinely on sale for 50% off, most 3rd parties don't even optimize for it, and getting skipped on major releases, even by Microsoft themselves.

You miss almost every major release on your Switch, and even the few and far between that little gay piece of shit does get begs the question of what kind of idiot would actually play them on it...

Also with your logic in terms of the Xbox One and Series X you might as well conflate the Switch as being the Wii U.