Nintendo is remastering/re-releasing the 3D Super Mario Games (SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2, and 3Dworld) for Switch

• Remij changed the title to Nintendo is remastering/re-releasing the 3D Super Mario Games (SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2, and 3Dworld) for Switch

I don't buy the 64 or Sunshine rumours tbh. Would absolutely love to see it but I think there's a lot more involved with those. SM64 would need to be much more of a remake than a remaster for it to work well, Sunshine less so but I just think it probably isn't worth it from their point of view, being the black sheep of the group.

Galaxy and 3DW are no brainer easy ports though.

Hope I get proven wrong on SM64 though. Would fill a big hole that SMO left imo. 

Just now, Casual said:

I don't buy the 64 or Sunshine rumours tbh. Would absolutely love to see it but I think there's a lot more involved with those. SM64 would need to be much more of a remake than a remaster for it to work well, Sunshine less so but I just think it probably isn't worth it from their point of view, being the black sheep of the group.

Hope I get proven wrong on SM64 though. Would fill a big hole that SMO left imo. 

Yea, I should put rumor in the title.  I'm still kinda skeptical myself.

• Remij changed the title to [Rumor] Nintendo is remastering/re-releasing the 3D Super Mario Games (SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2, and 3Dworld) for Switch
3 minutes ago, Casual said:

64 might be a full on remake.... that would be sublime. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Euro gamer updated the article to say confirmed. 

There is also a new Mario RPG this year too. 

Damn.. that's awesome.  Ok I'll change it back lol.

Also.. if there's a new Mario RPG this year, and it's actually amazing.. I'll fucking cry.

2020 The year of Mario :smoke: 

• Remij changed the title to Nintendo is remastering/re-releasing the 3D Super Mario Games (SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2, and 3Dworld) for Switch
Just now, Goukosan said:

64 might be a full on remake.... that would be sublime. 

Just seems like a lot of work and if they were doing that I feel like they would be focused solely on that and it would be a standalone full price game, which would be warranted.

if it's truly all of these games, I'm expecting more of a Super Mario All Stars type bundle with little to no changes. I'd still be thrilled, but I would rather them bundle the Wii/Wii U games and then give SM64 the RE2 treatment. 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Paper Mario RPG :mjpls:

Yea, I know.  They'll never do another SMRPG in the vein of 7 Stars.  But fuck I would love a remake of that game with Captain Toad's visual style.

A proper Paper Mario is still huge.  I love that series as well.  If they can make another one in the vein of Paper Mario 64 or Thousand Year Door... I'm happy as fuck.

3 minutes ago, Casual said:

Man, SM64 remastered with SMO level assets though. My god, if they did that + modernized the camera I'd probably play it for months straight. 

They'd have to keep the physics and movement the exact same for me.  I think the camera also plays too much into the gameplay of that game for me to be happy if they'd just change it.  knowing when to turn and move the camera in that game is part of the gameplay to me.

I know it's dated as fuck... but to me that's a huge part of Mario 64's charm.

The original isn't going anywhere though.. so even if they do change it, I'd still love to see a remake with improved visuals and audio.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

They'd have to keep the physics and movement the exact same for me.  I think the camera also plays too much into the gameplay of that game for me to be happy if they'd just change it.  knowing when to turn and move the camera in that game is part of the gameplay to me.

I know it's dated as fuck... but to me that's a huge part of Mario 64's charm.

The original isn't going anywhere though.. so even if they do change it, I'd still love to see a remake with improved visuals and audio.

I think theres a compromise to be had on the camera. Agreed that it definitely adds to the game in certain ways and the game would be fundamentally different. 

Adding a completely modernized camera might even force them to make other changes.

Maybe you could include both kinda like how Halo remastered has options to revert back to the old graphics on the fly.