TLOU2 delayed due to Covid19

Their message says that its due to bugs.

I'd imagine that bug testing the game would require alot of testers, and they probably couldn't do that because things are shutdown pretty strictly in California.

I don't think they're delaying this game due to its content.

I bet there's a huge advertising campaign, there's alot of retail disc copies that are going to be manufactured, and they can't do those things right now, and they don't want to risk an underwhelming launch, so they delayed it.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Their message says that its due to bugs.

I'd imagine that bug testing the game would require alot of testers, and they probably couldn't do that because things are shutdown pretty strictly in California.

I don't think they're delaying this game due to its content.

I bet there's a huge advertising campaign, there's alot of retail disc copies that are going to be manufactured, and they can't do those things right now, and they don't want to risk an underwhelming launch, so they delayed it.

Yeah, their statement makes it seem like it's more a logistical delay than anything regarding the quality or content of the game. 

Just now, Ike said:

Yeah, their statement makes it seem like it's more a logistical delay than anything regarding the quality or content of the game. 

i thought it had gone gold for some reason. my bad. 

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Testing requires people, probably alot of people, to be huddled together in one area.

And, in CA, they're not an essential business.

I'm sure the idea of having testers play builds of the game from home came up............but there's no way in hell Sony is going to allow unfinished builds of TLOU2 to go out in the wild with virtually no supervision.