Ori 2 beta patch is out on Steam (UPDATE: official patch dropped)

You have to enter a code to get the beta access.. it's all on the steam forums for the game so I'm not going to link it.  You can obviously just wait for the patch to go live anyway but...

It adds an exclusive fullscreen mode, resolution slider to 200% and everything loads much faster than before.  Like night and day really.  The map itself loads much faster, and the transition sequence when teleporting is now perfectly.

As for bug fixes I can't really be sure because I've already 100%'d the game.. but I assume lots of stuff has been fixed.  I'll find out on my next playthroughs after the patch officially goes live.

The game should have released like this instead of how it was.  No excuses.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I think I'm on the last level . I haven't had any issues on PC.  Figures res slider comes now 

I didn't have any issues either really overall.  Just a couple bugs, but now it's way faster loading and teleporting.  Exclusive fullscreen mode at 165fps is a treat with this game.  So smooth.

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Lol the teleporting on xbox almost freezes the console . 

It would hitch for a half second right as the white light was coming in on my PC anyway as the transition was happening.  Now the transition is perfectly smooth.  Much better and quicker loading.

It bodes well for the Xbox versions whenever they drop the patch.

• Remij changed the title to Ori 2 beta patch is out on Steam (UPDATE: official patch dropped)

The official patch has dropped on all platforms.

If you haven't played this game... now is the absolute perfect time.  It's essentially perfect now on PC.  I'm interested to see how much it's improved on the consoles as well.

We are pleased to announce our first patch is now available!

Patch Notes:
- Improved performance
- Improved map loading times
- Improvements to scene and asset loading
- Map remembers the last zoom position now when reopened
- Fixed the buzzing issue for the vast majority of players
- Fixed bugs with obtaining certain achievements
- Fixed missing characters in Asian languages
- Fixed problems with some controller buttons not working for some players
- Fixed several issues where player gets trapped behind closed door after respawning
- Fixed several instances of screen going black at certain moments
- Fixed problems with picking up some of the collectibles
- Many more minor fixes

- Introduced an option to hide HUD, along with a dynamic HUD mode
- Added exclusive fullscreen option
- Introduced resolution scaling option
- Introduced motion blur scaling option
- Introduced controller vibration scaling option
- Fast travel from map is now a separate upgrade purchasable from Opher

Achievements fixes details:
- Healthy and Powerful achievements should be granted automatically when loading a save that meets all the criteria

Thank you again for continued patience with us this past month as we’ve worked out the kinks and further optimized with this new patch. We know it has been frustrating for some but hope everyone enjoys all the fixes included in the latest update. We look forward to polishing the game even more and will keep you updated. Have a fun time exploring Niwen!