Final Fantasy VII remake launch trailer

Looks like it contains a lot of cloud/Zack flashback stuff which all happened outside of Midgar originally. And yeah it’s obvious they’re fucking with the original story, they’ve turned a 4-5 Midgar section into a whole game and put entirely new characters in it. This better be fucking good. 

The effect from Zack on Clouds mind and psyche were definitely in the game before they leave Midgar. Remember when they all were captured in cells in Shinra HQ and Cloud had these illusion/conversations about who he is and so on. And right after that the eerie music starts playing, the cells are unlocked, you follow a blood trail to Jenova etc. etc.. just one example, there are more like this in Midgar, they just never show him.

I didn't watch the trailer tho but to me it sounds like a simple flashback nothing too serious. 

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, kaz said:

The effect from Zack on Clouds mind and psyche were definitely in the game before they leave Midgar. Remember when they all were captured in cells in Shinra HQ and Cloud had these illusion/conversations about who he is and so on. And right after that the eerie music starts playing, the cells are unlocked, you follow a blood trail to Jenova etc. etc.. just one example, there are more like this in Midgar, they just never show him.

I didn't watch the trailer tho but to me it sounds like a simple flashback nothing too serious. 

That’s what I assume is most likely it but although my memory is hazy I only remember Zacks scenes being in Nibelheim or in the back of the truck. I don’t remember any scenes him staring at midgar. That small snippet looks exactly where Zack died in Crisus Core and if you look closely there’s like ting white feathers like the ones when he died in crisis core 

6 minutes ago, Delita said:

That’s what I assume is most likely it but although my memory is hazy I only remember Zacks scenes being in Nibelheim or in the back of the truck. I don’t remember any scenes him staring at midgar. That small snippet looks exactly where Zack died in Crisus Core and if you look closely there’s like ting white feathers like the ones when he died in crisis core 

They show Sephiroth in a truck, they also show zack in a truck, they show both in Nibelheim. He never appears in Midgar, but like I said Cloud has the delusions the first time in Midgar.

I think it's just that, they will defintely flesh it out but remain true to the story. I wouldn't be worried about it. The game looks amazing tbh and I was super sceptical at first.

My dude almost finished the remake and really a small spoiler from the remake in the beginning that might explain the concerns about changes:

Spoiler

Sephiroth appears in Midgar (for actually no reason lmao) right before Aerith. It's a small cutscene and it's all in Clouds mind.

I mean we know why he appears or what he wants etc. but it wasn't in the original and it wasnt needed.

Edited by kaz

I wish there are different endings and they fuck with the original story because, @Delita  you fuckng ruined and told the whole story here a couple weeks ago in 4 easy lines.  seriously?

I don't know squat besides the bit with arieth and that's like disc 1 shit.

3 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I wish there are different endings and they fuck with the original story because, @Delita  you fuckng ruined and told the whole story here a couple weeks ago in 4 easy lines.  seriously?

You’ll forget all of it by the time episode 2 and episode 3 come out in 2030

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Delita said:

You’ll forget all of it by the time episode 2 and episode 3 come out in 2030

not the thing you told me about the  meterotite lol . i could have avoided that lol.  I think the story is so combobulated I won't care much.  And I'll enjoy it.  but thanks lol.

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, kokujin said:

lol the story is easily told in a few sentences but only in a bigger picture. the story is way more complex than that and has little nuances throughout the game. also lots of people actually get the story wrong cause they overlooked important "small" details. (I think the remake will make those way more clear, i wouldn't like that tbh, cause you have to think about some stuff that has happened to really understand the ending).

46 minutes ago, kokujin said:

not the thing you told me about the  meterotite lol . i could have avoided that lol.  I think the story is so combobulated I won't care much.  And I'll enjoy it.  but thanks lol.

i think you should just play it, you will enjoy it for sure. and maybe play the original sometime later. It's a good game.

Just now, kaz said:

i think you should just play it, you will enjoy it for sure. and maybe play the original sometime later. It's a good game.

i hate you. stop trying to be nice to ME.  I wish a meterotie crashes on just your house.  your little house. 

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

lol the story is easily told in a few sentences but only in a bigger picture. the story is way more complex than that and has little nuances throughout the game. also lots of people actually get the story wrong cause they overlooked important "small" details. (I think the remake will make those way more clear, i wouldn't like that tbh, cause you have to think about some stuff that has happened to really understand the ending).

I probably won't even understand it the first time through. I'll enjoy it for sure. Or whatever's in the 1st disc of this remake. 

2 minutes ago, kokujin said:

i hate you. stop trying to be nice to ME.  I wish a meterotie crashes on just your house.  your little house. 

bruh, for real. if you tryna hate on delita for saying stuff about a meteorite you should

1) think about FF, it's one of the ultimate skills in every FF

2) take a look at the FUCKING COVER ART. ITS LITERALLY A METEOR. :D 

Edited by kaz
3 hours ago, kaz said:

look at you, smart entertained knowledgable fag boy. It's a shame you used all your energy on a tantaneesse game from 11 years ago. You could of had a JOB.

• NPC 1
25 minutes ago, Ike said:

If you already played and enjoyed the demo, there's no reason to watch anything else. Game is going to own and I can't wait for next Friday. :juggle:

right... I may be playing it first minute. digital releases are early or late?  :juggle: