Fire Emblem needs to be played on hard and perma death/classic mode

The divine pulse lets you literally go back in time to fix stupid mistakes if you fucked up.

1. Character planning matters. You can't grind on hard mode since battles take time and XP is limited. You're forced into making character choices.

2. Equipment and items start mattering.

3. Battalions are actually a must. On normal you can ignore this feature all together.

4. Movement matters.

You literally just roll through everything on normal with out grinding. There is no planning. No management. Absolutely no thought involved other than just move and attack till shit dies. And sometimes don't let your melee character tank more than 6 units at a time and you're good.

On normal even with hardcore/permadeth I was bored out of my mind.

Edited by Team 2019
9 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

I've only played it for a half hour. It's so fucking ugly to look at its distracting lol. I know I know, its a great game. I'll get to it soon 

Don't go casual and normal. At least go hard with no permadeath. Or normal but with permadeath.

Casual and normal seriously is just a story mode visual novel basically.

You can grind on normal and you can ch age difficulty from hard to normal at anytime.

Edited by Team 2019
1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

I've only played it for a half hour. It's so fucking ugly to look at its distracting lol. I know I know, its a great game. I'll get to it soon 

it's ugly, but it's such an amazing game. i think i gave it a 9.75 when i reviewed it. 

• Haha 1

yeah.

tbh i found it pretty easy that way too, but it's a lot more fun because you become so invested in your students and you don't want to lose them.

the game does get a bit harder after the

time skip

15 minutes ago, Casual said:

yeah.

tbh i found it pretty easy that way too, but it's a lot more fun because you become so invested in your students and you don't want to lose them.

the game does get a bit harder after the

Reveal hidden contents

time skip

ohhhh yeah, especially if you 

Spoiler

side with edelgard.

To recruit units get their support level to B by inviting them to missions with you. Then there is a 20 percent chance they will ask to join you through the week. Save scum repeat till you get everyone you want.

Having multiple recruited people opens up new missions with unique items which are god sent if you are on hard and permadeth mode.

Brigid and Doethea for example give you an auto heal amulet per turn etc. Amazing fucking items

Mercedes and Lyso are broken and are a must recruit.

Edited by Team 2019
26 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

To recruit units get their support level to B by inviting them to missions with you. Then there is a 20 percent chance they will ask to join you through the week. Save scum repeat till you get everyone you want.

Having multiple recruited people opens up new missions with unique items which are god sent if you are on hard and permadeth mode.

Brigid and Doethea for example give you an auto heal amulet per turn etc. Amazing fucking items

Mercedes and Lyso are broken and are a must recruit.

mercedes :jerkit: