Resident Evil 3 - The RealGamer's Review

-Just as good as RE2, just half as long. i finished it in 4:30 but there's always multiple playthroughs.

-Nemesis looks fantastic, despite that one scripted gif in one specific location where he'll always spawn, he does chase you, is scary, and is straight badass.

-there's a lot less puzzles than RE2, but there's still a decent amount. For some reason there's no defense items (knives, flashbag, etc).  Also no reload tool from the original RE3.

-Keys, backtracking, etc. all still there. Who the hell is calling this a straight TPS?

-For some reason the clock tower section was gutted, despite the clocktower constantly being mentioned in the game. WTF? :scared: 

-It's just more RE2 Remake... which is to say, one of the best games ever made. If you liked RE2, like the original RE3, I can't see how you won't love this.

RGS:

9.0 (PS4)

8.9 (Xbox One, docked for poor frame rate)

1.0 (PC, fake bootleg versions will not be scored)

GOTY so far

10 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Did they really change Jill's OG outfit into shorts? :tom: 

PC version for me I'm afraid, I'm not gonna support this kind of cucksole censorship of the same game 21 years later :reg: 

Yea lmao.

On PC the sky's the limit.. make her as much of a whore as you want :blessed: 

Yeah, it's definitely nowhere near as good as RE2.  Nemesis is cool looking and everything, but he sucks in comparison to Mr. X.  There's just a lot of little things I'm noticing too that make it just seem dumb.  Like for example right at the beginning of the game when you emerge from the subway station and out onto the streets, you've literally JUST finished talking with the group about getting people on the train and out of Raccoon city, and as she leaves the station there's lots of people running past her.. and she doesn't think to tell any of them to get in and go down to the train.. lol  I thought that was funny.

The game is good though, but there's just been too many things toned down.  The gore and dismemberment, and the zombie physics as a whole have been downgraded a ton.  Nemesis seems like a downgrade from Mr. X.  Cut content and all that as well.  It's a good game still, but it doesn't compare to RE2.

So far I'd give it a 7.5/10

44 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

After playing The Division 2, Ghost Recon, Tomb Raider and Call of Duty, I think I prefer more realistic shooters than zombie games. 

The only good recent Resident Evil game that felt like they got everything right was Resident Evil 5. 

have you only played xbox for the last 15 years?

37 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

have you only played xbox for the last 15 years?

In the last 15 years I played on 360, PS3, One, and Wii-U.  
I hardly play those systems now.  Wii-U being the last system I played games on.  
I've gone exclusively PC since 2019. 

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

In the last 15 years I played on 360, PS3, One, and Wii-U.  
I hardly play those systems now.  Wii-U being the last system I played games on.  
I've gone exclusively PC since 2019. 

how much ps3 and wiiu :ben:

6 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

how much ps3 and wiiu :ben:

I haven't played PS3 in like 5 years. The last time I tried to use it a year ago, it wouldn't connect to my Wifi so I just put it away in the closet. 

I bought a Wii-U 2 years ago because I became impressed with Super Mario Maker, bought Bayonetta 2 and Super Mario 3D Land but I hardly play those games.  

I think I outgrew consoles.  I started with an NES and thought it was fitting to end console gaming with a Nintendo system. 

7 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

a 6.0 is an absurd score. It's the same engine, same gameplay, same fucking game as RE2 which they 9.0'd.

GS is a joke.

I would give it  5.  Shit game is shit game.