RE8 releasing in 2021, other details supposedly leaked

Sounds pretty strange honestly

Golem stated on Twitter that Resident Evil 8 was previously a third Resident Evil Revelations game (which transitioned to a mainline title after positive feedback), and that it will feature new mechanics and themes like insanity, hallucinations, occultism, and not being able to trust others. Golem’s internal sources appear to be playtesters or Capcom ambassador program members - basically, fans who act as playtesters and possibly influencers.

Golem also stated that a gameplay sequence of Resident Evil 8 had been leaked to him, featuring a “sequence where you're in a village with multiple routes trying to make your way to a castle, being attacked by beast-men, zombies in armor with swords, and a witch that laughs a lot.”

According to VGC, it will again feature Resident Evil 7 protagonist Ethan Winters.

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-8-first-person-re8-revelations-2021-date-leak-report

Edited by Twinblade

Resident Evil has always tried new things so like I get it, but I just really wanted a refined RE7 with more survival, variety, and better puzzles. This just feels like too sudden of a departure after a return to the roots of the series that they were an iteration away from nailing.

it will feature new mechanics and themes like insanity, hallucinations, occultism, and not being able to trust others.

The sounds weird as fuck for a RE game.

Bad omen that it started as Revelations 3 but hopefully it's being made largely in-house.

I'm on board with insanity, occultism, and witches though. I'd love a Halloween-themed RE game. I'm just wondering if it's going to first or third-person. 

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

it will feature new mechanics and themes like insanity, hallucinations, occultism, and not being able to trust others.

Sounds like Eternal Darkness as a RE game. :reg:

I like the idea of "not being able to trust others" in a game.

Like imagine a game like Steven Spielberg's War of the World where you are scrambling from to place to hide or get materials to survive, and you come across NPCs who have dialogue, and you can befriend them. But, they have the ability to backstab you, or steal your supplies, or attempt to kill you while you are sleeping. And its not pre-scripted characters, they can change out different NPCs with each playthrough.

19 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yeah. That description sounds like a Silent Hill game.

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

RE7 was a complete departure as well . So I welcome their experiments.

I didn't care too much for RE7 so I'm skeptical. I only liked the beginning of RE7. I thought the middle was meh and the last third was just terrible.

11 hours ago, jehurey said:

I like the idea of "not being able to trust others" in a game.

Like imagine a game like Steven Spielberg's War of the World where you are scrambling from to place to hide or get materials to survive, and you come across NPCs who have dialogue, and you can befriend them. But, they have the ability to backstab you, or steal your supplies, or attempt to kill you while you are sleeping. And its not pre-scripted characters, they can change out different NPCs with each playthrough.

done a million times before. are you ok living in your bunker away from civilisation for so long? even corona can't help you.

3 hours ago, kaz said:

done a million times before. are you ok living in your bunker away from civilisation for so long? even corona can't help you.

Where has it been done before within a single-player campaign, rubberdub? Give me an example.

Unless it’s like RE7 and in VR I don’t care. Every horror game should now be in VR like 7. 

The RE formula has become so stale and 7 was a breath of fresh air the series needed.