FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Mine will arrive by 8pm max. Owned :trump3:

...but really i hope it arrives much earlier than that. I heard the game has a long ass (1+ hour long) install too.

Did you not read the post directly under this one? :trump2:

Mine is arriving today as well before 8. I'll be home at 3:30 and already told my gf to start the install if it arrives. :juggle:

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Jessie is awesome and has some great lines (basically every failed attempt at flirting with Cloud). You'd never think she would be a character that would be fleshed out and focused on to such an extent which is a pleasant surprise.

It's amazing how they've fleshed out and given every character you encounter so much personality. So much style in it's presentation too. They did an unbelievable job on this. Beyond all my expectations. 

4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

It's amazing how they've fleshed out and given every character you encounter so much personality. So much style in it's presentation too. They did an unbelievable job on this. Beyond all my expectations. 

Word. Every character is surprisingly more likeable than you’d imagine them to be. The story and world is still intriguing. I think they nailed the combat as well, so much fun and style while not losing the tactical aspect. FF7 have so much charm compared to recent FFs like 13 and 15.  Can’t wait to find out how SE will handle the overworld aspect in part 2 once we get out of Midgar. :glad:

9 hours ago, madmaltese said:

There’s been so many FF7 spinoffs across both games and in other media but none of them have come even close to expanding the setting or characters to this level. It’s really something.

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I’ll be curious if you all still love this game a month from now :smugcena:

but it sounds like I’ll get it after I finish persona 5 Royal (on 4th palace). RPGs > 

People still adore the original FF7 that came out 23 years ago. I think the remake should be fine. lol

Where I can see the game failing depends on part 2/part 3 or whatever they intend to do next, cuz they barely scratched the surface of FF7 whole storyline and experience at this point. Post Midgar when you see the world map for the first time is where the game actually started, not ended. So we'll see.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Ramza said:

People still adore the original FF7 that came out 23 years ago. I think the remake should be fine. lol

Where I can see the game failing depends on part 2/part 3 or whatever they intend to do next, cuz they barely scratched the surface of FF7 whole storyline and experience at this point. Post Midgar when you see the world map for the first time is where the game actually started, not ended. So we'll see.

I never played 7 on PS, so I’m looking forward to this. 

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I never played 7 on PS, so I’m looking forward to this. 

I think you’ll enjoy it. It’s very cinematic story telling, isn’t too challenging, offers up a gorgeous story with some of the best graphics ever. Game is just a great accomplishment. I also really am enjoying the battle system. It’s a wonderful hybrid of real-time action with the old turn based system. 

• Like 1