FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ike said:

The voice actor for Tifa is hot as hell 

7ADE6395-FE80-4F48-9430-2B8122285444.jpeg

Britt Baron Autograph Profile by RACC - Britt Baron Autographs ...

Britt Baron - Britt Baron Photos - Premiere Of Netflix's "To All ...

Aerith: 

Briana White- Creator, Actress, Strange Rebel - Updates

Briana White [StrangeRebelGaming] : SexyYouTubers

mmmmmmmmmyyy DICK :aitch: :aitch:  

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I generally dislike JRPGs so I'm not sure what I was really expecting, but I'm finding this game super fucking boring. :ben:

I can't blame you, you either love or hate JRPGs. BUT look at the voice actors :aitch: 

Already at Chapter 9 Wall Market. Damn it’s hard not to fall for Aerith.
Elemental materia is cool as shit. Combined it with lightning materia and my slashes now have lightning sparks.  I wanna try combining it with wind materia just to see the cool effects.

21 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I like the Souls games and Nier Automata, but I don't think I've really enjoyed a more traditional JRPG since the PS2 era.

Yeah sounds like you like action games and not jrpgs. Souls is now basically it's own genre but it is an action rpg in essence, Nier is a straight up Action RPG. FFVII is probably the closest a traditional jrpg will get to becoming an action rpg but it still very much has it's JRPG roots.

lol sony movie games :mj:  all the cows in this are lying bastards. you should wait for the real exclusive games on xbox  :trump2:

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I like the Souls games and Nier Automata, but I don't think I've really enjoyed a more traditional JRPG since the PS2 era.

Slightly off topic but it’s always a pet peeve of mine when people get this wrong and say games like Dark Souls or Nier aren’t jrpgs. Or worse that souls games are somehow wrpgs instead of jrpgs.

Basically wrpgs can be something like Fallout 4, the Witcher 3, Divinity original sin, cyberpunk etc. But these same people who have no idea what they’re talking about think a jrpg has to be generic animu turn based crap or else it’s not a jrpg.  The monikers wrpg/jrpg simply make no sense and are obsolete because simply telling me it’s a wrpg can be something like Wasteland 2 or Skyrim. Or telling me it’s a jrpg can be Persona 5 or Dark Souls or monster hunter world 

Edited by Delita
1 hour ago, Delita said:

Slightly off topic but it’s always a pet peeve of mine when people get this wrong and say games like Dark Souls or Nier aren’t jrpgs. Or worse that souls games are somehow wrpgs instead of jrpgs.

Basically wrpgs can be something like Fallout 4, the Witcher 3, Divinity original sin, cyberpunk etc. But these same people who have no idea what they’re talking about think a jrpg has to be generic animu turn based crap or else it’s not a jrpg.  The monikers wrpg/jrpg simply make no sense and are obsolete because simply telling me it’s a wrpg can be something like Wasteland 2 or Skyrim. Or telling me it’s a jrpg can be Persona 5 or Dark Souls or monster hunter world 

JRPG is a role-playing video game featuring skinny underdressed girls claiming to be men, who strongly believe that lead based paint is a good substitute for hair gel.

sseriously though, who the fuck cares. JRPG isn't a genre nor is WRPG. It's just to describe a style and origin.

Divinity OS is basically a SRPG or an old school CRPG based on DnD but that doesn't mean it's not an WRPG style game. and so on.

Souls games and Nier are JRPGS (style and origin) but the genre is action-RPG. 

Edited by kaz
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The only knock I have against the game is that the graphics can be a real mixed bag. Some of the textures are rough af.

That and side quests have been mostly generic stuff so far. Good thing there’s not many of those. I do like the colosseum in wall market though.

11 minutes ago, kaz said:

JRPG is a role-playing video game featuring skinny underdressed girls claiming to be men, who strongly believe that lead based paint is a good substitute for hair gel.

sseriously though, who the fuck cares. JRPG isn't a genre nor is WRPG. It's just to describe a style and origin.

Divinity OS is basically a SRPG or an old school CRPG based on DnD but that doesn't mean it's not an WRPG style game. and so on.

Souls games and Nier are JRPGS (style and origin) but the genre is action-RPG. 

Wrpgs are video games featuring women who look like men or bulldykes and follows a story of a male that allows you to have sex with several different men throughout the course of the game. appeasing its sjw resetera crowd :ben:

I agree though with most of what you said

2 hours ago, Delita said:

Never in my life have I heard anyone call Souls games WRPGS. 

14 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Never in my life have I heard anyone call Souls games WRPGS. 

Back in 2011 Dark Souls and Skyrim came out and there were endless debates about both and people picking and choosing sides until it turned into wrpgs vs jrpgs. It happened mostly on places like NeoGaf and even here. Durrrr dark souls is a wrpg not a jrpg stoopid!

Iirc Adrian Weiner even weighed in saying dark souls was a wrpg.

Yes this all actually happened. Yes it was retarded

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Delita said:

Back in 2011 Dark Souls and Skyrim came out and there were endless debates about both and people picking and choosing sides until it turned into wrpgs vs jrpgs. It happened mostly on places like NeoGaf and even here. Durrrr dark souls is a wrpg not a jrpg stoopid!

Iirc Adrian Weiner even weighed in saying dark souls was a wrpg.

Yes this all actually happened. Yes it was retarded

Seems like a very short debate. Dark Souls, developed by From Software.... a JAPANESE developer lol 

Minor spoilers up to chapter 9:

I have to be honest, I wasn’t loving it up to chapter 4. Seems like when you get to the slums they just pause the game and throw some boring side missions shit at you for a good hour. I also thought at the point that the story, particular the writing (Looking at Roche here) was bad to the point that it was taking a lot of fun out of it for me.

However, I think it really picks up from the second bombing run onward. The plate section was cool. I’ve just got to the church now and met Aerith for the first time, so I’m about chapter 8. I feel bad, I know whats going to happen in the next game. She gon get stabbed. 

:ben:

Loving the last few hours, I’m starting to believe they might have actually pulled this off. 

Edited by Cell