FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

The reviews are saying there’s a controversial new twist added to the story that’s going to divide fans. I read up what it is

:snoop:

Square had one job. This isn’t even a remake, this sounds like an entirely new game inspired by ffvii

Just now, Twinblade said:

I wish there was a PC version now. If this is anything like FFXV then the difference in Image Quality is going to be huge.

Everyone does.  We already know it's going to be a lot better.  Plus people will definitely release texture mods to fix the ugly low res textures that the PS4 version has in places.

But whatever... we'll be playing the first part before the cows get the second part.  I'll laugh my fucking ass off if Square does 1y exclusivity between each part though :hest: 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Everyone does.  We already know it's going to be a lot better.  Plus people will definitely release texture mods to fix the ugly low res textures that the PS4 version has in places.

But whatever... we'll be playing the first part before the cows get the second part.  I'll laugh my fucking ass off if Square does 1y exclusivity between each part though :hest: 

Some if those textures are really bad. The game looks great but you can see the limitations 

I hope it gets a next gen upgrade

I’m playing the game right now, it came in the post. Will post impressions when I’m a few hours in. 

:lawd:

edit: god if I have to fight this fucking scorpion one more time. Played the demo too much.

:bena:

Edited by Cell
5 hours ago, Delita said:

The reviews are saying there’s a controversial new twist added to the story that’s going to divide fans. I read up what it is

:snoop:

Square had one job. This isn’t even a remake, this sounds like an entirely new game inspired by ffvii

To be honest, why wouldn't there be? It's a proper remake. I fucking hate all these games recently juggling the term remake/remaster around like if they are eggs you eat for breakfast.

FF7 is legit the first REMAKE I acknowledge. Okay, that said, i don't know what they changed in the story but I do welcome it. It is not supposed to be the original experience. 

And it makes me more excited to play the whole thing. :blessed: 

1 minute ago, kaz said:

To be honest, why wouldn't there be? It's a proper remake. I fucking hate all these games recently juggling the term remake/remaster around like if they are eggs you eat for breakfast.

FF7 is legit the first REMAKE I acknowledge. Okay, that said, i don't know what they changed in the story but I do welcome it. It is not supposed to be the original experience. 

And it makes me more excited to play the whole thing. :blessed: 

word im actually looking forward to being surprised by all the story changes they supposedly made.

• Like 1

Yeah well we’ll see how you guys feel about the new story changes when you find out Barrett is clouds boyfriend and Cloud is now a Zoo keeper that houses red xiii as well as Chocobos and several other wild animals.

23 minutes ago, Delita said:

Yeah well we’ll see how you guys feel about the new story changes when you find out Barrett is clouds boyfriend and Cloud is now a Zoo keeper that houses red xiii as well as Chocobos and several other wild animals.

I don't know i'm actually okay with this. I'm also good with Aerith earning gil for Don Corneolio before Cloud dresses up like a woman. She's basically a prostitute in the remake. In the original she has never met Don before you enter his establishment. She doesn't want Clouds flower only gil to pay for her dishonest family. 

I'm not mad at Red XIII murdering Barrett after Hojo let him loose. It's like a new change of plans. Barrett dies, so Aerith can live. Sephiroth is also Super Mario and jumps on Aerith head in the forgotten city for all eternity.

• Haha 1