FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, kaz said:

To be honest, why wouldn't there be? It's a proper remake. I fucking hate all these games recently juggling the term remake/remaster around like if they are eggs you eat for breakfast.

FF7 is legit the first REMAKE I acknowledge. Okay, that said, i don't know what they changed in the story but I do welcome it. It is not supposed to be the original experience. 

And it makes me more excited to play the whole thing. :blessed: 

You clearly didn't play Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus.... The changes and retcons made in those games were fuckin' stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You clearly didn't play Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus.... The changes and retcons made in those games were fuckin' stupid. 

The plot with Genesis in crisis core was complete dog shit. Literally anything outside of the original game is pure fanfiction level crap. Advent children :pffft:

Just now, Delita said:

The plot with Genesis in crisis core was complete dog shit. Literally anything outside of the original game is pure fanfiction level crap. Advent children :pffft:

Oh God, don't even remind me of Advent Children... LOL what a shit show that was.

Just now, Remij_ said:

FFT and Chrono Trigger :reg: 

Chrono Trigger is the better overall game with better characters but as a full overall narrative, I'd still put FFVI as the best. Kefka is the single greatest antagonist to be in a game ever. Also, the set pieces in FFVI are better than CT's. This is comparing two masterpieces so it just comes down to personal preference. :shrug:

I've mentioned it a lot before but the sequence where you work to assassinate you know who, or the whole train heist were some of the highlights. That game has so many entertaining 'one-offs' that they never really tried to do before and still haven't really done since then tbh.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've mentioned it a lot before but the sequence where you work to assassinate you know who, or the whole train heist were some of the highlights. That game has so many entertaining 'one-offs' that they never really tried to do before and still haven't really done since then tbh.

I actually think it has my fav setting, probably the best soundtrack and I like the characters a lot. But squall was pretty much shit with his “whatever” nonsense and the gameplay just honestly....sucked. Draw system, level scaling, and spamming GFs. That’s all shit that I hope never returns. 

• Like 1

I’m currently on chapter 3 running around the sector 7 slums, I’ve barely seen anything yet but I can confirm, it’s good fella’s. 

Looking more like gamespots 10 than IGN’s 8. 

Edited by Cell

15h+ in now and I am still continually shocked how they are nailing this. EVERY character has so much personality, even ones that were nothing but complete side or fill in characters in the OG. Each chapter is feeling very distinct and it's tone and visual style can vary greatly. Lastest chapter I played was so Yakuza inspired in the absolute best way. For me this is already the best FF since X. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

15h+ in now and I am still continually shocked how they are nailing this. EVERY character has so much personality, even ones that were nothing but complete side or fill in characters in the OG. Each chapter is feeling very distinct and it's tone and visual style can vary greatly. Lastest chapter I played was so Yakuza inspired in the absolute best way. For me this is already the best FF since X. 

and i thought i couldn't get even more excited for this :lupe:

• Sad 1