FFVII Remake perfect 10 at Gamespot (also the OT)

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

don't just feel like a series of boxes with numerous floors and randomly placed enemies to slow down your progress.

Maybe I just haven't played enough JRPGs to lower my standards, but I definitely found the dungeons in FF7R to feel like a series of boxes with randomly placed enemies to slow down your progress. :ben:

• Like 1
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao not even AAA ? 

New avatar and faction change in preparation for Friday.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Maybe I just haven't played enough JRPGs to lower my standards, but I definitely found the dungeons in FF7R to feel like a series of boxes with randomly placed enemies to slow down your progress. :ben:

They are.  It's undeniable.  The games production values are off the charts... but come on... anyone can see that they're boxy and pretty bland designs.  They try to "set dress" it to make it look a bit prettier, but in many cases you literally are in just a square room lol.

12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

and this is why the persona games are the only jrpgs i love. they have the best mix of story and dungeons (great level design/combat). 

32 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

They feel like carefully designed places that make sense within the world though. Looking back at FFXV and the 2+ hour long dungeon in the swamp is one of the most miserable times i've had in a game this gen, so much so that it actually got me to stop playing and i didn't return to it until months later. And despite having a lot of love for Persona 3 and 4, the randomly generated dungeons in those games are honestly my least favorite in any RPG ever.

Not seeing what’s so carefully designed about them tbh. They seem pretty bland and basic. Also that warehouse dungeon gave me a massive eye roll moment. When the crane isn’t working so you have to go through a certain maze through the warehouse up and down the stairs to get to a room, fight a boss, turn the power back on and use the crane to put another box car on the track to be able to progress forward.

Come on. I know this isn’t uncommon in games but I thought we were past this kind of stuff. It’s like in old silent hills or resident evils where it says the path is blocked and it’s just a box and some waist high furniture in the way

• Haha 1