Playstation 5 new controller : DualSense

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

First off :lawl:

This is what I said on Gaf, and I stand by it. The console is going to echo the look of this controller.

Deeno that excuse makes you sound fucking autistic and OCD.

xbox 360 was white and weird looking (bet you had no issues with that though). Wii was white, dreamcast was white. Ps1 was grey.

sucks for you if  you cant stand a white console that much. i’m sure most people will be fine though. Just wait until they put out a version that you like.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's currently the most liked gaming related tweet in history. Deeno had a meltdown at GAF before he got banned.

lemmings are so nasty

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Deeno that excuse makes you sound fucking autistic and OCD.

xbox 360 was white and weird looking (bet you had no issues with that though). Wii was white, dreamcast was white. Ps1 was grey.

sucks for you if  you cant stand a white console that much. i’m sure most people will be fine though. Just wait until they put out a version that you like.

I have a 360 Elite and the rest of those consoles are from the past when consoles were viewed as toys, so I accept them as such and I was a 'kid' so the standards are different. 

To be frank I really don't doubt the whole "PS5 is overheating" shit right now anyway so I very much don't want to be an early adopter, I'll wait for a black revision. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

First off :lawl:

This is what I said on Gaf, and I stand by it. The console is going to echo the look of this controller.

Well luckily for you they haven't finished the console design and they went back tk drawing board Amirite? :grimaceleft:

:drake:

So now that the PlayStation controller has finally morphed into a 360 controller design they should've just moved the left analogue stick as well. At this point it's blatant anyway

Edited by Vini

Lemmings are taking it hard with their copy pasta controller with a Share button added, and the fugly PC tower.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2020/4/8/21213458/sony-playstation-5-ps5-dualsense-controller-design-changes-dualshock

Sony’s new DualSense controller is its most exciting design since the original PlayStation

And yes, Microsoft has also revealed its console and controller designs, and I commend the company for revealing them early on in the process. But neither the lightly tweaked controller nor the featureless gray tower seems to have elicited the same excitement.

Sony adds worthless features and new ways for developers to not make use of any of their controller gimmicks, Microsoft makes huge strides to cut latency and completely decouples controller input from framerate dependency, and Sony is the one innovating. 

This is the level of delusion in the world. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
11 minutes ago, Vini said:

So now that the PlayStation controller has finally morphed into a 360 controller design they should've just moved the left analogue stick as well. At this point it's blatant anyway

360? lol what. They have different shapes it's a thick/bulkier Dualshock, not XBox controller.

EVDnUGbUwAY-kKe?format=jpg&name=900x900

If the PS5 has this 2 tone white and black "shell" kinda look with a bunch of ridges everywhere... it's going to be the ugliest thing lmao.  I'm 100% convinced at this point that the PS5 is going to look like an eyesore in people's entertainment center... FAR worse than a matte black box that's 2 Gamecubes stacked together :shrug: 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony adds worthless features and new ways for developers to not make use of any of their controller gimmicks, Microsoft makes huge strides to cut latency and completely decouples controller input from framerate dependency, and Sony is the one innovating. 

It's not confirmed yet what Sony has done with regards to improving latency.  Too early to speak on that yet.

There's no doubt though that with haptic feedback, the PS5 controller is more interesting.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

If the PS5 has this 2 tone white and black "shell" kinda look with a bunch of ridges everywhere... it's going to be the ugliest thing lmao.  I'm 100% convinced at this point that the PS5 is going to look like an eyesore in people's entertainment center... FAR worse than a matte black box that's 2 Gamecubes stacked together :shrug: 

100% it's going to be obnoxious as fuck, they've totally adopted the gamer gear eSport aesthetics. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Damn you're angry and it's great. :juggle:

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's not confirmed yet what Sony has done with regards to improving latency.  Too early to speak on that yet.

There's no doubt though that with haptic feedback, the PS5 controller is more interesting.

It's not interesting because it's nothing but cost inflation that developers won't give a shit about and won't use, just like that dumb touchpad that nobody fucking uses. Third parties aren't going to waste an ounce of energy coding around haptic sensors and trigger points in a controller for actions, it will be edge cases and that's about it. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

100% it's going to be obnoxious as fuck, they've totally adopted the gamer gear eSport aesthetics. 

I'm fine with the design of the controller, but it's the "shell" style look that is off putting to me, especially when they're different colors.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

everything ms does: good

everything sony does: bad

:mjgrin:

It's not interesting because it's nothing but cost inflation that developers won't give a shit about and won't use, just like that dumb touchpad. Third parties aren't going to waste an ounce of energy coding around haptic sensors and trigger points in a controller for actions, it will be edge cases and that's about it. 

It is interesting... and I don't think it's THAT hard for developers to translate their rumble mechanics into more tactile haptic feedback.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Microsoft's actions have a tangible benefit to reducing problems, Sony is introducing more gimmicks. There's a difference. 

are you sure about that? :mjgrin:  I know more ms gimmicks than sony's.