Playstation 5 new controller : DualSense

Just now, Bodycount N said:

You know what's great about this controller? all of the new features that will be gutted when used on PC. :cruise:

Hope the cost is high, hermits have to a pay a premium.

No they wont.  These features will get lots of use on PC :glad:

Especially when the once-exclusives start coming :hest: 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's currently the most liked gaming related tweet in history. Deeno had a meltdown at GAF before he got banned.

lemmings are so nasty

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Nigga don't lie. If Demon Souls and Silent Hill get announced you getting a PS5 day 1.

Duh.  Where are you idiots getting that I'm against it?  

If they were coming to PC.. I wouldn't give a shit about PS5... just like you guys wouldn't too :shrug:

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Nigga don't lie. If Demon Souls and Silent Hill get announced you getting a PS5 day 1.

He can hardly wait for DualSense. Even if it came day and date on PC he'd still get the PS5. :hest:

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Duh.  Where are you idiots getting that I'm against it?  

If they were coming to PC.. I wouldn't give a shit about PS5... just like you guys wouldn't too :shrug:

Let's all be honest. Hermshits are a different breed of person than console gamers. Console gamers would rather just get their consoles and play games, only hermits would bypass a console to build a PC to play games. 

1 minute ago, Liquid said:

Let's all be honest. Hermshits are a different breed of person than console gamers. Console gamers would rather just get their consoles and play games, only hermits would bypass a console to build a PC to play games. 

Tell that to the console fags that whine every time a game of theirs comes to PC.. or brag when other faction's games come to PC about why there's no reason to own a console if those games are on PC.. lol

That's the reality here.  Xbox is useless because PC.... right?  It's absolutely true.  

.Adaptive Triggers

One is "adaptive triggers" that can offer varying levels of resistance to make shooting a bow and arrow feel like the real thing—the tension increasing as you pull the arrow back—or make a machine gun feel far different from a shotgun. It also boasts haptic feedback far more capable than the rumble motor console gamers are used to, with highly programmable voice-coil actuators located in the left and right grips of the controller.

Combined with an improved speaker on the controller, the haptics can enable some astonishing effects. First, I play through a series of short demos, courtesy of the same Japan Studio team that designed PlayStation VR's Astro Bot Rescue Mission. In the most impressive, I ran a character through a platform level featuring a number of different surfaces, all of which gave distinct—and surprisingly immersive—tactile experiences. Sand felt slow and sloggy; mud felt slow and soggy. On ice, a high-frequency response made the thumbsticks really feel like my character was gliding. Jumping into a pool, I got a sense of the resistance of the water; on a wooden bridge, a bouncy sensation.
Next, a version of Gran Turismo Sport that Sony had ported over to a PS5 devkit—a devkit that on quick glance looks a lot like the one Gizmodo reported on last week. (The company refused to comment on questions about how the devkit's form factor might compare to what's being considered for the consumer product.) Driving on the border between the track and the dirt, I could feel both surfaces. Doing the same thing on the same track using a DualShock 4 on a PS4, that sensation disappeared entirely. It wasn't that the old style rumble feedback paled in comparison, it was that there was no feedback at all. User tests found that rumble feedback was too tiring to use continuously, so the released version of GT Sport simply didn't use it.
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

.Adaptive Triggers

One is "adaptive triggers" that can offer varying levels of resistance to make shooting a bow and arrow feel like the real thing—the tension increasing as you pull the arrow back—or make a machine gun feel far different from a shotgun. It also boasts haptic feedback far more capable than the rumble motor console gamers are used to, with highly programmable voice-coil actuators located in the left and right grips of the controller.

This is exactly what has me so excited about it.  The haptic feedback in the grips, and the adaptive triggers with varying ranges of resistance.  It's going to be amazing.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

My only question is how long those will last and break.

They should be fine.  They're not big motors swinging weights around constantly... and as far as the resistance.. I'm not worried at all, there's not going to be so much of a range that it's going to wear out.  I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm sure they will be fine.

Battery life with all these lights, features, and mics and everything else is my biggest concern at this point.  I have a feeling anything around or slightly better than a DS4 battery life will be good enough for Sony :(  I hope I'm wrong.