Disaster Report 4 is a flop

The gameplay loop is equally badly designed. You'll rarely know what it is that you need to do to move forward, or even where you're supposed to be going. Progression is usually tied to an earthquake opening up a previously unreachable area, but the earthquake won't trigger without you completing some totally arbitrary objectives first.

As an example, early in the game just after you've met the schoolgirls, you meet a man who's trapped in a bathroom in dire need of toilet paper, but in order to get the toilet paper to help him out of his sticky situation you need to pose as the cashier of a convenience store because the actual cashier is scared of the big queue of people all wanting to buy things.

So you don the cashier outfit, pretend to work at the shop, sort the queue out, find some toilet paper, give it to the man on the pot, and this somehow causes the tectonic plates of our planet to girate and an earthquake follows, allowing you to move to the next part of the city to perform some more seemingly irrelevant tasks.

WTF :D

• Haha 1

i mean if you ever followed this franchise that’s what it’s always scored. At the very least I’ll give it credit for being a series that tries something new. 

But still. Once irem closed down and they canceled this game and the staff decided to revive this game over steambot chronicles 2 was the wrong choice. The trailer for SC2 still breaks my hearts :snoop:

8 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Wasn’t this meant to be out years back?

I don’t know what number it was but the one on PS2 was pretty good if you like that kind of thing. 

Yeah, it was cancelled after the earthquake and tsunami in Japan after 2010 that killed a ton of people.