Cyberpunk 2077 coming to XseX/PS5 but don’t expect them at launch

I called the scenario playing out like that.

On 2020-02-24 at 11:58 AM, jehurey said:

They're in a unique situation.

Highly highly anticipated game releasing two months before new consoles come out is not exactly the best scenario.

They don't want PS4 and XBO owners to hold off on buying a copy of their game until after the consoles come out. They'd rather they buy them at launch in September.

So they gotta throw them a bone. But there could be two types of "upgrades". There could be a resolution and framerate upgrade given out for free, but a few months down the road, they could released an "enhanced edition" that increases the NPC count and has more objects in the game world, and possibly additional DLC missions and they could sell that at a price.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Seems pretty clear to me that one purchase nets the next-gen version. 

That's why I predicted two types of upgrades.

A simple one that allows for higher framerate and higher resolution will probably be free.

But an upgrade that ups the amount of NPCs and environmental objects, and maybe add some additional graphical effects and bumps the framerate, they would sell that as a totally separate sku.

"Enhanced Edition". They've clearly done it before. with Witcher games.

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's why I predicted two types of upgrades.

A simple one that allows for higher framerate and higher resolution will probably be free.

But an upgrade that ups the amount of NPCs and environmental objects, and maybe add some additional graphical effects and bumps the framerate, they would sell that as a totally separate sku.

"Enhanced Edition". They've clearly done it before. with Witcher games.

Doubt it, especially on the Xbox side hence the reason this was not just announced as a blanket statement agnostic of platform. CDPR and Microsoft are partners, plus do you remember what happened with The Witcher 3? It didn't get a Pro update until the X update was created. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Doubt it, especially on the Xbox side hence the reason this was not just announced as a blanket statement agnostic of platform. CDPR and Microsoft are partners, plus do you remember what happened with The Witcher 3? It didn't get a Pro update until the X update was created. 

I know they're partners with Microsoft.

Its probably the reason why this game was delayed to begin with. It was probably running well-enough on the PS4, but chugging horrible on Xbox consoles, and Microsoft told them "you're not going to release the game in that state", so they had to delay all versions.

But CDPR creating an "Enhanced Edition" as a separate sku is something they have done before.

I just hope they don't severely gimp the PC version because they want to keep parity with the outgoing consoles.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Feasibly more like 7%. 

Eh.  That's probably around the same % of gaming PCs out there that have 16GB of RAM and a 6 core+ CPU.  A year in from the consoles and there's going to be that many more.

You yourself literally just joined that group.  There's going to be tons others as well.  Although the percentage number seems small... that's in the grand scheme of things.  There's millions and millions of PCs out there already about as good as next gen consoles.

We'll have to see how console prices affect adoption rate, as well as all the economy bullshit.  It's also fair to mention that PS5 is less powerful.., and Lockhart could even reduce that...  so it could end up that only a small fraction of console owners have a Series X.

Edited by Remij_