Tomonobu Itagaki hopes to reveal his next project this year

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably so, his last game has a 43% metacritic score.

Please don't sound like Jerry. One is enough.         

I did understand which is why I pointed out you were talking the broader sense and I wasn't. In the broader sense, yeah, they are alike. They share a lot of similar systems.    Their hooks a

Posted Images

Just now, jehurey said:

Probably so, his last game has a 43% metacritic score.

Wow, a bad game in a string of excellent games to his credit. Anyways, the guy was a huge proponent of Xbox so it wouldn't be shocking if he were working on something for them. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Wow, a bad game in a string of excellent games to his credit. Anyways, the guy was a huge proponent of Xbox so it wouldn't be shocking if he were working on something for them. 

Especially now..........since he's making shitty games. You would imagine that Phil Spencer is naturally attracted in what he's doing.

6 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

think it's safe to say he's done, he'll have no budget behind him, a hack studio of lackeys, and be completely unable to tap into his prized i.p as they're owned by tecmo/TN who will be making Playstation 5 exclusives from here on out.

I wish him luck but yeah you can't just build an AAA team out of thin air. Maybe it will be something smaller which is more likely.

5 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

you really think Phil would let him make something like that? Xbox wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole, they've created a brand image of being the safe space, feminist console.

I personally don't think it will be a project of any of the big three. I expect a third party publisher that is looking to work Japanese studio like Epic did with The Last Guardian team. He had a deal with THQ before, I can see them working with him.

Devil's Third went through development hell and the finished product was nothing close to resembling what it was originally suppose to be. The game he wanted to make was going to have 3 unique characters with their own playstyle, hence why he was calling it Devil's Third.

Then the THQ bullshit happened, the game went in limbo and got picked up by some Korean company who basically forced him to change everything about the game and add in a shit MP. 

The fact the game even was completed is somewhat of a miracle...

And as for him "not having it anymore"- Nioh says otherwise. Nioh was Itagaki's creation and he was planning and designing the game alongside NG. You can go as far back as his interviews from the OG Xbox days to see him talking about Nioh.

After Team Ninja shit the bed with NG3, Metroid and the stumbles of DOA... Hayashit did what he always does, piggyback off Itagaki to make a game because he's incapable of creating one on his own.

Why do you think Nioh 2 is really just Nioh 1.5? Because they ran out of plans and designs of Itagaki's to work with.

9 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Devil's Third went through development hell and the finished product was nothing close to resembling what it was originally suppose to be. The game he wanted to make was going to have 3 unique characters with their own playstyle, hence why he was calling it Devil's Third.

Then the THQ bullshit happened, the game went in limbo and got picked up by some Korean company who basically forced him to change everything about the game and add in a shit MP. 

The fact the game even was completed is somewhat of a miracle...

And as for him "not having it anymore"- Nioh says otherwise. Nioh was Itagaki's creation and he was planning and designing the game alongside NG. You can go as far back as his interviews from the OG Xbox days to see him talking about Nioh.

After Team Ninja shit the bed with NG3, Metroid and the stumbles of DOA... Hayashit did what he always does, piggyback off Itagaki to make a game because he's incapable of creating one on his own.

Why do you think Nioh 2 is really just Nioh 1.5? Because they ran out of plans and designs of Itagaki's to work with.

? AFAIK Itagaki had nothing to do with Nioh. The game came out long after he left Team Ninja to form Valhalla.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

? AFAIK Itagaki had nothing to do with Nioh. The game came out long after he left Team Ninja to form Valhalla.

Well, consider this a history lesson for you then. Itagaki was the one behind Nioh. During interviews for NG2 he even mentioned the plans and design were pretty much done for Nioh. All they had to do was actually make the game. But then NG2 released, the sexual harassment charges surfaced shortly after that and Itagaki left the company. Nioh was put on the back burner while the new Team Ninja struggled with their next few games.