Let the trend continue. Mad's Top 50 games

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without further ado, the greatest game ever made:   1. Deus Ex (PC)     This is the game that forever will be my no.1. The game that truly cemented this hobby as my prefe

I was close. 

30. Crash Team Racing (psone)     The best Kart racer ever. Fuck your Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing. The Kart racer that actually is purely dependent on skill not item drops. Th

1 minute ago, Angelfish said:

On the subject of futuristic racers, I liked Extreme G on the N64 back in the day.  Does that make me a bad person?  :face: 

The battle mode was so fun multiplayer. 

I was making a top 50 for myself but then I realize its futile for me, its too hard, never sure if I should pick based on nostalgia, or the time I spent on the game, or if I would replay it today, etc. My list keeps changing every minute. Im just gonna dump it here, sorry I dont want to overtake the thread but I dont want to start a new either. And I keep forgetting games, because Im high as fuck right now.

Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Parasite Eve
Metal Gear Solid
Dead Rising
Xenogears
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
Demon's Souls
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy IV
Bayonetta
Bloodborne
Shadow of the Colossus
Street Fighter II
Phoenix Wright Original Trilogy
Soul Calibur

Chrono Cross
Valkyrie Profile
Ninja Gaiden /Black/Sigma
Star Ocean 2: The Second Story
Diablo
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Final Fantasy Tactics
Valkyria Chronicles
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Super Mario World
Dark Souls

43 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I was making a top 50 for myself but then I realize its futile for me, its too hard, never sure if I should pick based on nostalgia, or the time I spent on the game, or if I would replay it today, etc. My list keeps changing every minute. Im just gonna dump it here, sorry I dont want to overtake the thread but I dont want to start a new either. And I keep forgetting games, because Im high as fuck right now.

Fallout: New Vegas
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Parasite Eve
Metal Gear Solid
Dead Rising
Xenogears
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
Demon's Souls
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy IV
Bayonetta
Bloodborne
Shadow of the Colossus
Street Fighter II
Phoenix Wright Original Trilogy
Soul Calibur

Chrono Cross
Valkyrie Profile
Ninja Gaiden /Black/Sigma
Star Ocean 2: The Second Story
Diablo
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Final Fantasy Tactics
Valkyria Chronicles
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Super Mario World
Dark Souls

do sabo's rules and only include only one game of each series. I'm working on mine too and it's way more fun like that.

Just now, kaz said:

do sabo's rules and only include only one game of each series. I'm working on mine too and it's way more fun like that.

Yeah, thats not a bad idea.

40. Death Stranding (PS4)

Death-Stranding.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Might be because it is still so fresh but Death Stranding took me by such a surprise. It's got all the usual awesomness of a Kojima game and fun story (but actually one that gets pretty much wrapped up by the end in a cohesive manner) with superb presentation but the thing I really wasn't expecting was the gameplay being pure crack. There was something about this game that I still can't put my finger on but the way it translated it's themes of connection and isolation into an interconnected living open world through a DQ Builders esque world building mechanic on top of gameplay where the journey truly was the puzzle. Incredibly unique and imo one of the most games that is going to influence many next gen titles (especially in the open world genre). Also and absolutely superb soundtrack.

39. Perfect Dark (N64)

th?id=OIP.jgl2n3kynWa6ZY0TtsTBVwHaEK%26p

Peak Rare. Was pretty much the go to game for mp shooters between my friends. Countless hours with nothing but good memories. 

38. Resident Evil 2 (psone)

ResidentEvil2_US.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

My fav RE game and absolute top level survival horror. I remember first seeing the original being played by a friend on his playstation and was absolutely blown away so by the time the sequel came around my hype levels were through the roof and it absolutely delivered on every front. Expanded on the original in every way I wanted. Got a bigger picture into the world plus was truly terrifying for the time. The best survival horror game ever.

37. Max Payne (PC)

p%2B(1).PNG&f=1&nofb=1

This is probably a vote for the series as a whole although the first was the one that really changed things for it's time. Bullet time, that is all. A feature that was then copied in so many shooters for an eternity and none did it as well as the Max Payne series. 3rd person shooting at it's best. Also loved the themes and atmosphere throughout the series with some great story highs too. 

36. Mafia (PC)

2216805-1211926_371671_front_super.jpg&f

GTA3 might've revolutionised the genre but Mafia was the first large GTA esque open world that I truly felt was so alive and engrossing. The era was recreated superbly, from the cars (which had fuel gauges) to the landmarks, and all the ppl populating the streets. The map was huge for it's time and the story and gameplay were superb. Was captivated from start to finish.

Max Payne over RE2?

Ehhh...

I mean, I liked Max Payne back in the day but the bullet time gimmick has been done to death and executed much better. I guess this has just diluted my opinion of Max Payne.

4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Why make PoP when you can just push out Asassin's Creed 37: We're Still Not In Japan Being A Ninja.

The sad thing is the AC series will be around for that to happen but not the way you imagine it

29 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Max Payne over RE2?

Ehhh...

I mean, I liked Max Payne back in the day but the bullet time gimmick has been done to death and executed much better. I guess this has just diluted my opinion of Max Payne.

I’ve probably played so much RE lately that it’s feeling less special at the moment and the order of these can change daily.

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I can't believe Ubi hasn't brought PoP back this gen.

Like Sabo said, blame AC :( setting and theme too similar for Ubi’s liking. But hopefully that has changed now cause AC is in full Action RPG territory now. Bring back the Prince !!

12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I’ve probably played so much RE lately that it’s feeling less special at the moment and the order of these can change daily.

Like Sabo said, blame AC :( setting and theme too similar for Ubi’s liking. But hopefully that has changed now cause AC is in full Action RPG territory now. Bring back the Prince !!

I think a lot of people skipped Forgotten Sands and dismissed it as a half assed movie tie-in which sunk hopes for there being another game in the series. Its unfortunate because I played it years later and actually found it to be pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think a lot of people skipped Forgotten Sands and dismissed it as a half assed movie tie-in which sunk hopes for there being another game in the series. Its unfortunate because I played it years later and actually found it to be pretty good.

Didn't help that that the Prince of Persia game before Forgotten Sands wasn't well received either. It's no wonder they put PoP on the backburner and focused entirely on AC. 

Edited by Sabo
2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Holy shit, Splinter Cell. I've completely forgotten about that seriesuntil just now. That's a shame, Chaos Theory is one of my favorite games of all time.

Chaos Theory was the fucking best. 

Ubi keeping two of the best franchises buried :( Such a huge lack of complete stealth based games now too.