kaz's top 50 games

I want to make it quick, I will make 4 posts for all 50 games. And make my statements about some as short as possible. Also, I use Sabo rules, meaning only one game of each series. :salute:

50. Kid Chameleon (Sega Megadrive)

49. Super Metroid

48. Diablo 2

47. Unreal Tournament 2004

46. Grandia

45. James Bond: The world is not enough (PS1)

44. Mario Kart 64

- Still play this game at family gatherings like in the good old times with my siblings. :glad: 

- The Versus mode with the balloons is godlike

43. Wave Racer 64

- The dolphin :aitch: 

42. Pillars of Eternity

- @Quad Damage one of the old style CRPGs. Like I said the style is very much alive. Durance and Grieving Mother are amazing characters. 

41. Hyper Light Drifter

40. Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne

39. Earthbound

38. Pitfall (Sega Megadrive)

37. Resident Evil (PS1)

36. Wipeout Fusion

35. Starcraft: Broodwar

34. Devil May Cry

33. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)

32. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

31. Star Fox 64: Lylat Wars

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to make it quick, I will make 4 posts for all 50 games. And make my statements about some as short as possible. Also, I use Sabo rules, meaning only one game of each series.     

1. Knack   - This might be surprising to you all but there has never been a game I felt was so polished and complete as Knack.   - I never liked the Cerny guy, he's undoubtedly an autistic g

Glad you saved rocket league for number 1

Hyper Light Drifter is a game I still haven't played. I keep hearing great things about the game though.

Some of the rankings of these games are surprising. Super Metroid at 49? Whooa.

Your top 25 is going to be very interesting to look at. A lot of games I expected to see there have been mentioned.

Edited by Sabo

ranking the games was super hard, i actually took my time to change them around constantly. :D 

I will post the next 20 in a few hours

30. Nier

29. Chrono Trigger

28. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

- It's an oldschool CRPG, I started playing this in 2019 when I saw a gameplay video and fell in love with the music. 

Spoiler

The ost is basically made by only a few string instruments. If you don't want to try it I still recommend to listen to the tracks. 

The story is very sad. It has a lot of racism against non-humans. :( 

27. Divinity: Original Sin

26. Dust: An Elysian Tale

25. Postal 2

- Still the most brutal game I've ever played.

24. Yoshi's Island

23. Vagrant Story

22. Axelay

21. Flashback (Sega Megadrive)

20. Haunting (Sega Megadrive)

- This game scared me as a kid but I kept playing cause it was so much fun. 

19. Fallout 2

18. Baldur's Gate 2

17. Dishonored

16. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

- I had to go with 3 cause the levels were so much fun. The airport, the cruise ship, the outskirts with the "devil house" :D , area 51.

15. The Witcher 3

- The first one and third are actually on par, I had to go with 3 cause Hearts of Stone was way too good and Gaunter O'Dimm is one of my favourite characters.

- Also combat with Ciri :aitch:  I fucked up the crowns with her in the "bloody" cave. It felt sooo good. 

14. Shadowrun: Hong Kong

- Amazing character design. 

13. Path of Exile

12. Counter-Strike

11. Dota

My holy trio :aitch: Dota is probably my most played game of all time followed by CS   :ben: 

I just dump them here cause I want 10-1 to be only singleplayer games.

• Ben 1
2 minutes ago, Delita said:

Finally someone includes the correct Mario on their list as well. Yoshis island :bow:

i'm sure it makes a lot of people very angry :D 

6 hours ago, Sabo said:

Kaz....

You're going to give me shit for Half Life 2 but you're going to put CHRONO TRIGGER AT 29!?

HOW DARE YOU!

I love Half-Life, it is the game I learned FPS controls on PC. But also Counter-Strike obviously. I remember the first version I played was 1.3 where the awp and scout had a crosshair in the middle unscoped. 

Chrono Trigger is one of my fav RPGs just like anyone else, but it's far from the best. I always laugh when people say CT is their fav game. :D 

Spoiler

How dare you!': Greta Thunberg's angry speech to world leaders at ...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Dust: An Elysian Tale far ahead of Ocarina of Time. :| 

That's interesting :mjcry:

why? this game is one of the best games i've ever played. also the dude who made the game commited to it. it was just one  guy who made the entire game. coding, art style. he's a hero. 

meanwhile you hype shit like undertale :D  garbo

30 minutes ago, kaz said:

why? this game is one of the best games i've ever played. also the dude who made the game commited to it. it was just one  guy who made the entire game. coding, art style. he's a hero. 

I didn't say anything about it being on your list... but rather that you have it so far ahead of OoT.

Undertale is a great game... but it's not top 50 quality :mj: 

32 minutes ago, kaz said:

I've played Dust. Cool game but its carried by its art direction greatly. Remove that then you're just left with a much simpler Metroidvania with an entertaining but rather shallow combat system.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I've played Dust. Cool game but its carried by its art direction greatly. Remove that then you're just left with a much simpler Metroidvania with an entertaining but rather shallow combat system.

That's what I said. I give credit to the guy for the artstyle and coding. 

I played the game on the hardest difficulty the first time and you can just spam the attacks to whirl around the entire screen and hit every enemy.

27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Pretty cool list so far. Interesting and unique choices. Path of Exile above the far more popular classics of that genre is interesting, must've come a long way since I played it years ago. 

you mean diablo 2?  path of exile was inspired by it. and it has surpassed it in every way possible. gameplay/music/story. took them a long time but they definitely made it.

19 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I didn't say anything about it being on your list... but rather that you have it so far ahead of OoT.

and I told you why I like the game. one dev. one fucking person.