kaz's top 50 games

1 minute ago, kaz said:

That's what I said. I give credit to the guy for the artstyle and coding. 

I played the game on the hardest difficulty the first time and you can just spam the attacks to whirl around the entire screen and hit every enemy.

you mean diablo 2?  path of exile was inspired by it. and it has surpassed it in every way possible. gameplay/music/story. took them a long time but they definitely made it.

and I told you why I like the game. one dev. one fucking person.

Sure, it is impressive the game was made by a single dude but it can be argued that the game has flaws because it was made my one dude. 

But hey, your list. If the game being made by one person gives the game bonus points for you then I'll just accept that.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to make it quick, I will make 4 posts for all 50 games. And make my statements about some as short as possible. Also, I use Sabo rules, meaning only one game of each series.     

1. Knack   - This might be surprising to you all but there has never been a game I felt was so polished and complete as Knack.   - I never liked the Cerny guy, he's undoubtedly an autistic g

Glad you saved rocket league for number 1

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Sure, it is impressive the game was made by a single dude but it can be argued that the game has flaws because it was made my one dude. 

But hey, your list. If the game being made by one person gives the game bonus points for you then I'll just accept that.

I think you misunderstand, it was remipee who brought it up not me. I love this game. From start to finish. The characters, environments, combat, music. :glad: 

6 minutes ago, kaz said:

I think you misunderstand, it was remipee who brought it up not me. I love this game. From start to finish. The characters, environments, combat, music. :glad: 

Dude.. you're getting defensive as fuck... lmao.. chill the fuck out.  I don't give a shit where you put it... to me though... it's definitely not a better game than OoT... hence my comment.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Dude.. you're getting defensive as fuck... lmao.. chill the fuck out.  I don't give a shit where you put it... to me though... it's definitely not a better game than OoT... hence my comment.

it's fine, man. I'm not defensive, it's my fucking list. lmfao. 

45 minutes ago, kaz said:

you mean diablo 2?  path of exile was inspired by it. and it has surpassed it in every way possible. gameplay/music/story. took them a long time but they definitely made it.

Might have to give it another go. Was still a little clunky and limited the many years ago I tried it. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Might have to give it another go. Was still a little clunky and limited the many years ago I tried it. 

It has so much content right now and it is releasing new content and leagues on regular basis. New introduced mechanics in leagues are implemented into the "base game". Well, most of them, if people like them.

10. Onimusha

- OG or 3 was a hard decision, you guys remember the intro trailer when the demons invade france? 

9. Demon's Souls

- Valley of Defilement.

8. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

- The OG or this one. Don't get me wrong I like snake eater as well, but it's not my fav. 

- I love this game for nostalgia reasons. My older brother and me finished it on a weekend, we stayed up late into the night and always switched controls when we died. We played it on european extreme difficulty after we   finished it and it took about a month.

7. Secret of Mana 2

- God beast of darkness Zable Fahr. One of the best boss fights ever. Also best boss music. 

- This game made me fall in love with buff/debuff mechanics in RPGs. 

6. Final Fantasy 7

- It should be my number 1, one the first RPGs i've ever played and the first FF game. It was really hard to choose one FF game with Sabo rules tbh cause I love almost all of them.

5. Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

- Anyone who hasn't should give this game a try. I recommend the original, not the remaster. George Stobbart is a lovely and funny dude and the story is amazing. I replayed it countless times since childhood.

4. Zone of the Enders 2: The 2nd runner

- Kojima's masterpiece. If you like mechas, this game is for you.

Edited by kaz

I didn't expect to see MGS2 on any of these lists but I'm right there with you on the nostalgia. Played it at a friend's house and we ended up spending the night collecting dog tags and messing around on the ship. First time slipping on bird shit was hilarious.

51 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Man, I think I might be the only person who loves Onimusha 2. Whenever people talk about the series its always about 1 and 3.

Pretty sure the 2nd is the most well regarded at least from my experience. Personally, the 4th was my fav but thats kinda the outlier. I just didn’t like how damage spongey some of the bosses could be

Edited by Delita
49 minutes ago, Delita said:

Pretty sure the 2nd is the most well regarded at least from my experience. Personally, the 4th was my fav but thats kinda the outlier. I just didn’t like how damage spongey some of the bosses could be

I like the 4th one too. The character swapping mechanic was dope. 

I hate the second and fourth onimusha with a passion. But I can't judge them cause I never finished them. 

I forgot some games, i will just list them, one or two would be in the 50s but others 50+.

Lucky Luke  (PS1)

- anyone played that game? such a good game. the train section with the dynamite, the mines, the ghost town and the "tennis" mini game after levels. :D 

Half-Life

- The beginnging of it the best thing ever. causing the resonance cascade and later finding out scientists in black mesa were already experimenting with and in the zen dimension.

- I understand why people love HL2, probably cuase it was huge back then, the engine, graphics, physics, gameplay is solid but damn i hate the game cause the story went from enjoyable to convoluted

Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire

- the highpitched death scream of some stormtroopers :D 

Parasite Eve 2

Aladdin 

Golden Sun 2: The lost Age (GBA)

- Easily one of the best rpgs ive ever played. The music and environments were insanely good for handheld back then. 

C&C: Red Alert

lol i just had to but others did it as well so.....:shrug: 

my top 10 is really accurate from the rating tho. I will make 3 more posts for my top 3 soon.