kaz's top 50 games

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to make it quick, I will make 4 posts for all 50 games. And make my statements about some as short as possible. Also, I use Sabo rules, meaning only one game of each series.     

1. Knack   - This might be surprising to you all but there has never been a game I felt was so polished and complete as Knack.   - I never liked the Cerny guy, he's undoubtedly an autistic g

Glad you saved rocket league for number 1

12 minutes ago, Delita said:

I personally have never played it:francis: surprisingly 

you should play it then. i'm sure you will like it. 

it has this charme you will never forget. there is lots of humour, but also the story is very dark and this is what caught me. like I said my fav time travel story.

I think my top 10 this time was really accurate, i took my time with every game. but I have always put it on my no. 1 spot. Nostalgia in full effect, yeah, but this game is really good. 

Edited by kaz
15 minutes ago, kaz said:

Knack: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

1. Knack 

- This might be surprising to you all but there has never been a game I felt was so polished and complete as Knack. 

- I never liked the Cerny guy, he's undoubtedly an autistic genius at creating consoles but I never thought he could also make good games.

- The story is absolutely insane. Knack is basically made of relics mushed together. His creator build him and infused him with life kinda like Frankenstein's monster. 

- But his creator goes rogue and you have to find him to give him a good beating. 

- The game has gameplay you have never seen before like running, jumping, walking, dodging and jumping also climbing and jumpi

Hide contents

I'm sorry I had to do it. :mj:

First, let me say I laugh at people who think Chrono Trigger has the best time travel story because they are.... not wrong. But I prefer this one: 

Hide contents

Secret of Evermore - Mito | Revista Cultural

1. Secret of Evermore

- I played this game after finishing all the oldschool RPGs like secret of mana, FF6, even 7 etc. The game was already released a couple of years by then.
 - (years later) I read the game was developed for the western market in mind. It has some really stupid humour throughout the game, like the main character keeps reciting a horror movie he has just seen in the    cinema.
 - But he's also overall really funny with his reactions and his sarcasm. 
 - The combat system is very satisfying, it's like Secret of Mana, but you only have one companion and it happens to be your dog. And I love him.
 - You will be in the future at some point and you will have a lightsaber like in star wars you can whirl around if you charge your attack.
 - Also a bazooka. The recoil animation always made me laugh cause it knocks your character back.
 - Instead of mana to spend for magic attacks, you use alchemy and combine ingredients. I remember at first I didn't like it but then I realized how clever it was. You will pick up stuff on the ground constantly and    it's super satisfying.

- This game kind of taught me how the world really is: dark and lonely. The only thing you can really count on is yourself and your dog. :mjcry: 

- Your dog changes appearance based on what time period you are in: In the future he looks like a fucking toaster. :D 

Your-Dog-Secret-of-Evermore.jpg

- Also set the tone for my taste in everything, especially the music, when you leave the first area in the prehistoric to get to the swamp to fight a giant bug the best track ever plays: 

Admit you only got Secret of Evermore because that big game box version stood out everywhere when it used to be in European stores.

I cleary remember that but never bought it because it had German on the box, even as a kid I had standards :laff:

4 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Admit you only got Secret of Evermore because that big game box version stood out everywhere when it used to be in European stores.

I cleary remember that but never bought it because it had German on the box, even as a kid I had standards :laff:

I have no idea what you mean by "german" and I played it years after it released like I said. I played it with my brother on a snes emulator on PC for the first time. 

get fucked bhytrgay :laff: 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, kaz said:

you should play it then. i'm sure you will like it. 

it has this charme you will never forget. there is lots of humour, but also the story is very dark and this is what caught me. like I said my fav time travel story.

I think my top 10 this time was really accurate, i took my time with every game. but I have always put it on my no. 1 spot. Nostalgia in full effect, yeah, but this game is really good. 

I’m sure it is but it’s always been those games that I would play someday but have never gotten to :jordan3:

10 minutes ago, Delita said:

I’m sure it is but it’s always been those games that I would play someday but have never gotten to :jordan3:

hmm, no idea how to convince you. try it. I love the game cause it's dark af. the story. the soundtrack. you will love the dog. the combat is amazing. the environments godlike.

but that's me. i don't even know how many times I replayed it but I think around 30+ times at least. 

2 hours ago, kaz said:

Knack: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

1. Knack 

- This might be surprising to you all but there has never been a game I felt was so polished and complete as Knack. 

- I never liked the Cerny guy, he's undoubtedly an autistic genius at creating consoles but I never thought he could also make good games.

- The story is absolutely insane. Knack is basically made of relics mushed together. His creator build him and infused him with life kinda like Frankenstein's monster. 

- But his creator goes rogue and you have to find him to give him a good beating. 

- The game has gameplay you have never seen before like running, jumping, walking, dodging and jumping also climbing and jumpi

Hide contents

I'm sorry I had to do it. :mj:

First, let me say I laugh at people who think Chrono Trigger has the best time travel story because they are.... not wrong. But I prefer this one: 

Hide contents

Secret of Evermore - Mito | Revista Cultural

1. Secret of Evermore

- I played this game after finishing all the oldschool RPGs like secret of mana, FF6, even 7 etc. The game was already released a couple of years by then.
 - (years later) I read the game was developed for the western market in mind. It has some really stupid humour throughout the game, like the main character keeps reciting a horror movie he has just seen in the    cinema.
 - But he's also overall really funny with his reactions and his sarcasm. 
 - The combat system is very satisfying, it's like Secret of Mana, but you only have one companion and it happens to be your dog. And I love him.
 - You will be in the future at some point and you will have a lightsaber like in star wars you can whirl around if you charge your attack.
 - Also a bazooka. The recoil animation always made me laugh cause it knocks your character back.
 - Instead of mana to spend for magic attacks, you use alchemy and combine ingredients. I remember at first I didn't like it but then I realized how clever it was. You will pick up stuff on the ground constantly and    it's super satisfying.

- This game kind of taught me how the world really is: dark and lonely. The only thing you can really count on is yourself and your dog. :mjcry: 

- Your dog changes appearance based on what time period you are in: In the future he looks like a fucking toaster. :D 

Your-Dog-Secret-of-Evermore.jpg

- Also set the tone for my taste in everything, especially the music, when you leave the first area in the prehistoric to get to the swamp to fight a giant bug the best track ever plays: 

:|

51 minutes ago, Ike said:

I’ll load it on my SNES Mini sometime. I’ve never played it. Looks great though. 

play it. :faketan: