kaz's top 50 games

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to make it quick, I will make 4 posts for all 50 games. And make my statements about some as short as possible. Also, I use Sabo rules, meaning only one game of each series.     

1. Knack   - This might be surprising to you all but there has never been a game I felt was so polished and complete as Knack.   - I never liked the Cerny guy, he's undoubtedly an autistic g

Glad you saved rocket league for number 1

Just now, Ike said:

SNES or Genesis version though? :wonder:

This is one of the few games where I played both versions because of the differences. I had the SNES version but I would rent the Genesis version regularly.

If I had to pick...

Hmmm.... SNES.

Genesis version is considered better but I liked the SNES controller more.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Fuck the cave of wonders.

lmfao i thought you meant the flying section on the carpet. with the stalagmites etc you cant even see before they hit you. :D  

i'm not interested in that movie at all. Actually I love disney movies but I stay away from the real- or CGI adaptions. 

Just now, kaz said:

lmfao i thought you meant the flying section on the carpet. with the stalagmites etc you cant even see before they hit you. :D  

i'm not interested in that movie at all. Actually I love disney movies but I stay away from the real- or CGI adaptions. 

That's the exact part I'm talking about :fistshake:

• Haha 1

I just noticed you listed Vallsy of defilement as a reason for why you like demons souls and why it’s 7. That world sucjed :|

lmao running through poison swamps in pitch black darkness

Spoiler

Just now, Delita said:

I just noticed you listed Vallsy of defilement as a reason for why you like demons souls and why it’s 7. That world sucjed :|

Reveal hidden contents

To be fair, the poison levels in all the games suck because I'm pretty sure they're intentionally designed to be obnoxious.

Planescape: Torment screenshots, images and pictures - Giant Bomb

3. Planescape: Torment

- If you don't mind reading a lot I highly recommend this game. The story and concept is incredible.

- You are the "Nameless One", wake up with almost no memories in a mortuary where you meet a flying skull named Morte.

Morte | Torment Wiki | Fandom

- Morte is an encyclopedia. He doesn't remember what his real life was like because he's like this for a long time.

- He's extremely funny, he has the best skill in any game ever. He's basically a tank and uses "Litany of curses" to mock and insult enemies. 

-Now the story is just godlike, don't worry i don't write spoilers. People say Disco Elysium is this generations Planescape: Torment. They are both very unique in a way.

-The Nameless One died many times and some people might remember you, some are even annoyed like:"YOU AGAIN" and you have no idea whats going on cause it was a previous life where you met.

-The story is about other planes of existence, basically doors and keys. Where a door is one specific spot and a key can be literally ANYTHING. 

-For example you stand in front of a table and think the words "Knife" 4 times. Or you scratch your left foot 2 times on a hill. etc. 

This game will blow your mind. I'm replaying the enhanced edition currently, and it still looks really good too. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Delita said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not only gameplaywise- everything about it. Dark and gritty, the way down, the huge ass poison swamp "hall" in the second section. And it's so dark you can't even see. I love the atmosphere. And Maiden Astreae. :mjcry: 

Silent Hill 2 - Wikipedia

2. Silent Hill 2

what's more fitting for number 2 :aitch: 

I think the last time I got into detail was in a thread from @bhytre were he said something like people don't make these kind of games anymore and its so true. :( 

- This game should be "taught" in school. It's art.

- I think most people have played it so I don't have to explain anything. If you haven't though, the story is complete from start to finish. It's a standalone Silent Hill game. 

- I'm sure in a thousand years when the world like we know it still exists people will still talk about and analyze every corner of it to delve deep into the human mind and psyche. 

- Team SIlent and especially Akira Yamaoka deserve anyones utmost respect for creating this masterpiece. Even the music is filled with symbolism and metaphors. 

You wanna guess what my number 1 is? I will post it in a few hours, I think I dragged on for too long with my top 3. You can never guess it, you will be surprised. :ben: 

• Like 1
  • aitch 1

As long as it isn’t fucking Halo or Crash bandicoot its all good.

While I find it utterly bizarre Postal 2 would ever make a list of best games rather than worst games I have to say so far of all the lists posted I personally probably agree with this one more than the others

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

As long as it isn’t fucking Halo or Crash bandicoot its all good.

While I find it utterly bizarre Postal 2 would ever make a list of best games rather than worst games I have to say so far of all the lists posted I personally probably agree with this one more than the others

You are banned from all my threads. I put you on ignore.

just kidding, at least you like my list. Postal 2 is a nostalgia one. the graphics blew me away. It's actually not that bad either.

unless you hate violence and gore and flat humour that is...... but I loved it. always.

Edited by kaz

Knack: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

1. Knack 

- This might be surprising to you all but there has never been a game I felt was so polished and complete as Knack. 

- I never liked the Cerny guy, he's undoubtedly an autistic genius at creating consoles but I never thought he could also make good games.

- The story is absolutely insane. Knack is basically made of relics mushed together. His creator build him and infused him with life kinda like Frankenstein's monster. 

- But his creator goes rogue and you have to find him to give him a good beating. 

- The game has gameplay you have never seen before like running, jumping, walking, dodging and jumping also climbing and jumpi

Spoiler

I'm sorry I had to do it. :mj:

First, let me say I laugh at people who think Chrono Trigger has the best time travel story because they are.... not wrong. But I prefer this one: 

Spoiler

Secret of Evermore - Mito | Revista Cultural

1. Secret of Evermore

- I played this game after finishing all the oldschool RPGs like secret of mana, FF6, even 7 etc. The game was already released a couple of years by then.
 - (years later) I read the game was developed for the western market in mind. It has some really stupid humour throughout the game, like the main character keeps reciting a horror movie he has just seen in the    cinema.
 - But he's also overall really funny with his reactions and his sarcasm. 
 - The combat system is very satisfying, it's like Secret of Mana, but you only have one companion and it happens to be your dog. And I love him.
 - You will be in the future at some point and you will have a lightsaber like in star wars you can whirl around if you charge your attack.
 - Also a bazooka. The recoil animation always made me laugh cause it knocks your character back.
 - Instead of mana to spend for magic attacks, you use alchemy and combine ingredients. I remember at first I didn't like it but then I realized how clever it was. You will pick up stuff on the ground constantly and    it's super satisfying.

- This game kind of taught me how the world really is: dark and lonely. The only thing you can really count on is yourself and your dog. :mjcry: 

- Your dog changes appearance based on what time period you are in: In the future he looks like a fucking toaster. :D 

Your-Dog-Secret-of-Evermore.jpg

- Also set the tone for my taste in everything, especially the music, when you leave the first area in the prehistoric to get to the swamp to fight a giant bug the best track ever plays: 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1