More PC upgrades

LED fans are just annoying. LED anything on a PC is annoying, except one small light to indicate if a PC is on or in sleep mode.

I'm trying to find the right case. I absolutely love Fractal's design, but I want this case to be mid-ATX. But I'll have to wait until the new CPUs come out, which will determine what type of motherboard I can get, and how big the Ampere video cards are going to be. There's no real reason to have 5.25" drive bays, and I still have regular hard drives, but I may think about moving that data around to one large external drive.

I think this is the PC case that I am going to settle on.

11-352-086-V09.jpg

$89.99 - $10 = $79.99

They have the Fractal Define 7, and its almost double in price, but..........I just don't fucking need a PC that big. Don't need 14 drive bays.

I technically don't like having a side glass, but this is at least dark tinted, so I won't be seeing much inside. And, quite importantly.............no stupid LED bullshit.

The Define 7 did have one USB-C 3.0 port, but I don't really need such a port when I already have USB 3.0 A-to-C cables.

If I could, I'd remove the Fractal logo. The case can fit any video card up to 12.4", and I checked most of the high-end nVIdia cards, and none of them exceed 12 inches. So I'm hoping that the Ampere video cards will be under 12 inches.

I'm also thinking about the Cooler Master Silencio S400 or S600 because they really do seem like slick minimalist PC enclosures

11-119-373-V20.jpg

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-TemperedGlass.html

Used this in my most recent build. Love it except that the power button is on top and sometimes my cats jump on my case and will land on the button and turn off the pc. :] 

Shouldn't be a problem if you put your pc on your desk or if you don't have a small animal that will jump on it.

2 hours ago, Newmanspwn said:

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-TemperedGlass.html

Used this in my most recent build. Love it except that the power button is on top and sometimes my cats jump on my case and will land on the button and turn off the pc. :] 

Shouldn't be a problem if you put your pc on your desk or if you don't have a small animal that will jump on it.

Welcome back bro :-*

On 2020-04-21 at 10:36 PM, kaz said:

yep 2012 was the year when I got my 560. :mjcry:  and 2016 was the day i had to say goodbye. RIP my love :mjcry: 

Same here.  
I bought a GALAXY (now GALAX) GTX 560 in 2012. I was running on a AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz  CPU with 8GB of DDR3 Hyper-X RAM. 

The GPU didn't last more than 2 years before the shroud broke off, but I continued to operate it with it taped-up for the most part until I finally upgraded all my PCs. 

Last I messed with that GTX 560 I put a NZXT AIO on the old GPU, it was the first time I water cooled a GPU, I brought it out with intentions to use it for GPU mining a couple years ago, but the GPU is too old and slow now. 

11 hours ago, jehurey said:

Actually I just came across this one.  This might be a dark horse, it looks really clean.

11-139-116-V16.jpg

Of those 3 you posted, the Fractal Design meshify case look the most fashionable.  

That Corsair case looks like it's trying to be a NZXT S340 Elite. 

11 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Same here.  
I bought a GALAXY (now GALAX) GTX 560 in 2012. I was running on a AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz  CPU with 8GB of DDR3 Hyper-X RAM. 

The GPU didn't last more than 2 years before the shroud broke off, but I continued to operate it with it taped-up for the most part until I finally upgraded all my PCs. 

Last I messed with that GTX 560 I put a NZXT AIO on the old GPU, it was the first time I water cooled a GPU, I brought it out with intentions to use it for GPU mining a couple years ago, but the GPU is too old and slow now. 

I was rocking these bad boys at the time. 

20200424_085358.jpg

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't like spending money unless I absolutely have to, if I can get by with something I will for as long as possible. 

Has a room full of thousands of dollars worth of games, gaming technology, and gaming paraphernalia.. and has a $5 mouse pad that looks like it's been through both world wars... after buying almost a completely brand new computer...

Breh, it's time to fix that shit.:mj2: