Post the best Ray Tracing comparison videos

Mine craft is the best example of being able to see the difference 

Control you cant kind of tell 

All the others games are barely noticeable.  I remeber playing cod and I switched between rtx on and off and could see no difference 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

those reflections

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

All the others games are barely noticeable.  I remeber playing cod and I switched between rtx on and off and could see no difference 

After you get used to RT effects... you're going to look back and see just how noticeable it is.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

After you get used to RT effects... you're going to look back and see just how noticeable it is.

I doubt it.  When youre playing a game and not watching an rtx video that you focus on seeing difference , its not really noticeable in every game I played besides control .

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Yea, barely noticeable in Control... :roll: 

vuyz6zaPcDebnXEc8tsQbU-2560-80.jpg

a9j9ckf9SjCZh5svLrQRTU-2560-80.jpg

:mj: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yea, barely noticeable in Control... :roll: 

vuyz6zaPcDebnXEc8tsQbU-2560-80.jpg

a9j9ckf9SjCZh5svLrQRTU-2560-80.jpg

:mj: 

yeah , that is barely noticeable.  And that's when we are looking at pictures to see it .

Playing the game you wouldn't notice at all . There are better control examples btw 

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I doubt it.  When youre playing a game and not watching an rtx video that you focus on seeing difference , its not really noticeable in every game I played besides control .

Trust me Jon... you absolutely will.  You'll get used to seeing proper effects and reflections... and then you'll look back, and realize just how off and wrong current gen shit was.

And dude... some of the games you're talking about not seeing the difference... is because they're largely static effects to begin with.  In COD you're not going to notice it everywhere because it's not used everywhere...

yeah , that is barely noticeable.  And that's when we are looking at pictures to see it .

Playing the game you wouldn't notice at all . There are better control examples btw 

LOL??? Barely noticeable he says...

You wouldn't notice that at all while in game?

See @ghostz.... :hest: 

Its not worth the performance cost , regardless if I got used to it. 

And that's the point.  Especially for consoles , that most likely aren't going to have fully rt games 

:mj: Jon talking about those two pictures being barely noticeable difference while in game... yet this fuckhead says the difference between 1440p and 1800p IS SO ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE OMG XBOX ONE X 4KdaBEST!@!!

JFC :tom: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

LOL??? Barely noticeable he says...

You wouldn't notice that at all while in game?

See @ghostz.... :hest: 

no , because literally ever room in that game looks the same . Effect could have been static and nobody would have cared 

Just now, Remij_ said:

:mj: Jon talking about those two pictures being barely noticeable difference while in game... yet this fuckhead says the difference between 1440p and 1800p IS SO ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE OMG XBOX ONE X 4KdaBEST!@!!

JFC :tom: 

Lol at how mad you are getting because rtx flopped lol lol

As you are dashing by the same looking office 6 million times with crazy effects all over the place ......you look at the realistic view thru shades and think wow, rtx didn't flop 

But guess what , it did LMAO RTX FLOPPED THHBO

As you are dashing by the same looking office 6 million times with crazy effects all over the place ......you look at the realistic view thru shades and think wow, rtx didn't flop 

But guess what , it did LMAO RTX FLOPPED THHBO

That's not a realistic view through the shades.... that's reflecting the other side of the hall you STUPID FUCK :tom: 

Devs have gotten really good at faking realistic lighting that RT just feels like it's correcting some bugs in lighting and reflections rather than a revolution

I do like the idea that once it's up and being used though it will make development easier and great lighting more if a standard feature. I don't think the best devs will end up with a major leap forward in what is presented on screen

4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Devs have gotten really good at faking realistic lighting that RT just feels like it's correcting some bugs in lighting and reflections rather than a revolution

I do like the idea that once it's up and being used though it will make development easier and great lighting more if a standard feature. I don't think the best devs will end up with a major leap forward in what is presented on screen

Oh trust me.. they will.  

It's going to become PAINFULLY obvious in the future when looking back at games with rasterized lighting just how fake and static it was.

That lighting that developers fake... was already pre-computed using RT... and then baked into textures.

That's not to say that they haven't done a good job at faking a lot of stuff.  Surely they have.  But the thing is that RT is actually simulated.  Meaning it reacts properly within the game world.  The problem with fake lighting, that you touched upon, is that devs have to put in a lot of work.. and despite that... if you dare look at something in a way the dev didn't intend.. the illusion completely breaks.

But believe me... after more effects, more elements become fully simulated with RT... you're going to have scenes and visuals and dynamic lighting simply not possible no matter how much effort the developers would have put into it.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

That's not a realistic view through the shades.... that's reflecting the other side of the hall you STUPID FUCK :tom: 

Not even worth that glance