Final Fantasy IX remastered arriving on game pass tomorrow

50 minutes ago, Bodycount VII said:

the games are like $10 on the e-shop or PSN... just buy them

They were on sale last week on PSN but not anymore. The Remasters will cost 20 bucks now. The X/X-2 Remaster is 25 which is a damn good deal.

• Confused 1

Game has aged like wine. I think I appreciate much more now than I did when I originally played it. The graphics def look like caca though but it’s easy to look past it. Old school ff soundtracks :banderoos:

Game is actually pretty sick so far. I’m still kinda early but I’m def going to finish it this time. I made it to after the 2nd boss on the field where I found dagger and zidane in a barrel where I’m guessing there’s 3 bosses since each one says they’re 1/3, 2/3 etc.

i have some issues with this port though. I thought the fast forward mechanic was going to work like xii zodiac but the way it’s implemented I find it to be shit. You either play it normal or turn that on where it’s too fucking fast. It works for dialog since the text bubbles appear without scrolling but for navigating through towns/dungeons where some things are close together it’s very clumsy and I find myself activating random encounters more frequently because I take more steps than needed due to how fast everything is moving and I keep missing a doorway.

2nd, same thing with combat. Normal is too damn slow waiting for atb, but fast forward is too fast. This could all be solved if they had done what xii did and add 3 speeds: Normal, kinda fast, and really fast. Here it’s lacking the kinda fast which I would switch back and forth between all 3 on the fly with the press of a button in xii. In this port you have to pause the game, turn it on, then unpause it which is tedious.

3rd, why give me these cheat codes to use freely? I know it’s optional but I don’t like having that option at all. In any battle or boss I can just pause it, press a button to activate, and have my next attack be instant kill to everybody on screen.  Basically an auto victory to anyone having trouble.

4th, for being an old 20 year old gane, the load times are absolutely horrendous. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the sane or close to what they were playing it on the original ps1

Overall I’m loving the game so far though, but I can tell this was a quick and dirty port

imagine writing a small review about ff9, a game from 20 years ago that everyone loves and has played numerous times :lemming:

just jk, the original is better, fuck remasters, i replayed it like 2 years ago on ps3 with disc swapping and i always have to do the beginning at some point like 2-3 times.

right before they crash the airship in the forest cause the first disc is in awful condition.  :hest:   

i think the beginning is the best, the forest stuff, ice cave with the boss, when they fall in a coma, the village with dem vivis, lindblum stuff, freya and burmecia stuff.

i actually used the named "itsalwaysraininginburmecia" in some mp games. I like to haggle a few names. and people ask where is burmecia and others actually get the reference B)