Bu but diminishing returns :cry:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah im sure a 8 minute tech demo made by an army of artists that probably ended up reaching 50+gb in size is going to be an accurate representation of next gen games....come on now  You guys fall for

This tech demo reaction is a perfect example of why people expecting 4K / 60fps next gen are on crack.

This a game engine running on the hardware in real time.. that's different from showing an estimation of what it will would like. Those are two different things.  The later is the one where the games

Just now, Ike said:

We have a thread for this. :]

But yeah, that looked mighty impressive and made MS's "next-gen" reveal look pitiful in comparison.

Ms showed games . This is a tech demo of an engine that will look better on xbox , in almosy 2 years when its ready 

Just now, JONBpc said:

Ms showed games . This is a tech demo of an engine that will look better on xbox , in almosy 2 years when its ready 

:cries:

:hest:

That event sucked and you trying to defend sucks even more.

Just now, Ike said:

:hest:

That event sucked and you trying to defend sucks even more.

it sucked because it was mostly trailers.  You're claiming an engine demo that will look better on xbox is lemming ownage lol .

Just now, bhytre said:

If that's the kind of gameplay to expect then next gen already flopped, no amount of triangles and falling bricks will save it 

Japan doesn't make games like that, stop being so dramatic lmao.

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

If that's the kind of gameplay to expect then next gen already flopped, no amount of triangles and falling bricks will save it 

Lol what :drake:

its a engine demo. The tech and graphic fidelity can be applied to any gameplay. 

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

it sucked because it was mostly trailers.  You're claiming an engine demo that will look better on xbox is lemming ownage lol .

It sucked because it was marketed as showing "next-gen" gameplay and didn't. This looked better than everything MS showed at that sad event. Hell, I bet Ghosts of Tsushima tomorrow will look better than anything MS showed. :roff:

Edited by Ike

Yeah im sure a 8 minute tech demo made by an army of artists that probably ended up reaching 50+gb in size is going to be an accurate representation of next gen games....come on now :tom: You guys fall for these tech demos every single time

7 years ago they put out this...gee I wonder how many next gen games actually matched it

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ike said:

It sucked because it was marketed as showing "next-gen" gameplay and didn't. This looked better than everything MS showed at that sad event. Hell, I bet Ghosts of Tsushima tomorrow will look better than anything MS showed. :roff:

Why wouldn't this look better? Its a tech demo that games won't ship on for almost 2 years .

And when games do ship on it , they will look better on xbox .

Are you really this stupid ? MS showed snippets of mostly cross gen games . How are they going to show games on an engine that games don't exist on?

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah im sure a 8 minute tech demo made by an army of artists that probably ended up reaching 50+gb in size is going to be an accurate representation of next gen games....come on now :tom: You guys fall for these tech demos every single time

7 years ago they put out this...gee I wonder how many next gen games actually matched it

That’s not real time on a console though. That would’ve been high end PC specs at the time. 

Compare it to the UE4 real time PS4 reveal vid (I posted it in the showcase thread) and PS4 games look much better, even very early in the gen. Eg, bloodborne 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

its a engine demo. The tech and graphic fidelity can be applied to any gameplay. 

Thats actually not true. Once you add in more interactions, gameplay systems, etc then your overhead increases and you have to make sacrifices on the technical front. Theres no way the average game will be able to have scenes with billions of polygons while keeping the performance smooth....unless its a walking simulator (much like this demo).

Just now, JONBpc said:

Why wouldn't this look better? Its a tech demo that games won't ship on for almost 2 years .

And when games do ship on it , they will look better on xbox .

Are you really this stupid ? MS showed snippets of mostly cross gen games . How are they going to show games on an engine that games don't exist on?

Ask MS, I'm not the one who marketed the event showcasing "next-gen gameplay". Keep on defending your daddy though. :hest:

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

it's not promising from what we've seen so far, maybe Sony will have something to prove me wrong but I doubt it. Movie games don't do it for me, put me on team diminishing returns :reg: 

Only VR an save us now :meh2: