Digital Foundry The Wonderful 101

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His impressions of the game he plays is actually longer than the time he spent with it.

The Dreadful 4.0  

Switch runs 10 to 12 frames under Wiiu in parts w drops under 30  no AA 

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

why cant you post links? It's really not that hard. 

CTRL C 

CTRL V

I know you're a lemming but come on man. 

eb1c2ee4df03cf02-800x400.thumb.jpg.e48f2

lmfao and I told jehurey that the 4.0 garbage port was the Switch version specifically :mj:

Man.. he just keeps getting owned every time he opens his mouth.... like as if we all forgot about Horizon ZD coming to PC after he said it wouldn't :kaz:

Edited by Remij_
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

lmfao and I told jehurey that the 4.0 garbage port was the Switch version specifically :mj:

Man.. he just keeps getting owned every time he opens his mouth.... like as if we all forgot about Horizon ZD coming to PC after he said it wouldn't :kaz:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnope, they went on to say all versions end up being cheap lackluster ports.

PS4 base dips into the 40's

PS4pro is the same resolution as PS4 base, it has no improved resolution, and STILL dips down to 50fps

The PC version cannot even have texture quality or graphical effects above that of the Wii U version...........they literally say that the highest graphical setting on the PC is matching the Wii U's texture assets and full shaders and depth of field, if you take the graphics settings any lower than high, they actually have LESS EFFECTS than the Wii U version

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

And then they give the moneyshot quote "the bigger issue is how the Wii U second screen is repurposed on one display"

There is no perfect replacement, you have no choice but to block out part of the main screen, or do a completely half-assed split screen setup.

You thought it was only the Switch.......Platinum just took the Switch version and placed them on the other platforms, and didn't bother to give them any optimization whatsoever.

Still running the Wii U's textures, they didn't even bother to go back to their development assets and get BETTER textures, my goodness Platinum didn't really care on this port job.

Edited by jehurey

Who would have thought a current console would run a game worse than wiiu lmao. Sheep get kicked in the balls and still want to talk shit lol .

Its worst on Ditch . Get over it .

Base PS4 is mostly 60fps with added AA. It's a great PS4 port. Completely half assed in terms of effort on Pro though.

Switch port docked is a disaster it drops into the 20s.

Overall the fact they got money from Kickstarter on top of later sales is a joke.

Edited by Team 2019
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnope, they went on to say all versions end up being cheap lackluster ports.

PS4 base dips into the 40's

PS4pro is the same resolution as PS4 base, it has no improved resolution, and STILL dips down to 50fps

The PC version cannot even have texture quality or graphical effects above that of the Wii U version...........they literally say that the highest graphical setting on the PC is matching the Wii U's texture assets and full shaders and depth of field, if you take the graphics settings any lower than high, they actually have LESS EFFECTS than the Wii U version

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

And then they give the moneyshot quote "the bigger issue is how the Wii U second screen is repurposed on one display"

There is no perfect replacement, you have no choice but to block out part of the main screen, or do a completely half-assed split screen setup.

You thought it was only the Switch.......Platinum just took the Switch version and placed them on the other platforms, and didn't bother to give them any optimization whatsoever.

Still running the Wii U's textures, they didn't even bother to go back to their development assets and get BETTER textures, my goodness Platinum didn't really care on this port job.

They say the Switch version is the worst :mj: 

And your argument to that is that the PC is as good as the WiiU version, but doesn't drop frames, and can run a much higher resolutions.

And then you continue on blabbing about some shit.... when the rest of us are just thinking.... lmao this idiot thinks it's more embarrassing having the second screen with PIP instead of having a WiiU sitting in his living room and playing with the toy-blet :rofl: 

Blah blah blah... you know what Platinum cared enough to do?  Take Sheep's money AGAIN to make those superior ports... and then gave the Sheep the worst version in the Switch port  OMFG:rofls: 

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They say the Switch version is the worst :mj: 

And your argument to that is that the PC is as good as the WiiU version, but doesn't drop frames, and can run a much higher resolutions.

..............its not my argument.

Its a fact.

The highest quality graphical effects and textures are lifted straight out of the Wii U version.  If I didn't know better I'd say its just a BETTER EMULATED version than what is found on CEMU...........except yo had to pay money for it. LOL

Which reminds me, I had found a youtube comment yesterday from somebody who said that they went digging through the steam files, and they said it appears to have some sort of emulator in there. LOL Don't know if its true or not.

Pure PC processing power allows it to have higher framerate and resolution, but Digital Foundry didn't give us any details on how well it maintains it.

There's no point in lying to me.........you know you expected more from a PC version and their settings menu.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Not sure why your defending the Switch version when it's obviously not so much the hardware but Platinum half assing the port.

All of the other versions should be indicative that platinum games half-assed the entire effort.

I think they created an emulator, and then they slapped that on all of the versions with little to no optimization.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

All of the other versions should be indicative that platinum games half-assed the entire effort.

I think they created an emulator, and then they slapped that on all of the versions with little to no optimization.

They also half assed Bayonetta on Switch they are 720p docked. The outsourced Vanquish Bayo bundld remaster is vastly superior to their porting efforts. 1080p 60 and 1440p Pro support.

Its a general trend with them ATM, with really poor porting. Maybe there will be a patch later since they might have rushed the ports for Kickstarter.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

..............its not my argument.

Its a fact.

The highest quality graphical effects and textures are lifted straight out of the Wii U version.  If I didn't know better I'd say its just a BETTER EMULATED version than what is found on CEMU...........except yo had to pay money for it. LOL

Which reminds me, I had found a youtube comment yesterday from somebody who said that they went digging through the steam files, and they said it appears to have some sort of emulator in there. LOL Don't know if its true or not.

Pure PC processing power allows it to have higher framerate and resolution, but Digital Foundry didn't give us any details on how well it maintains it.

There's no point in lying to me.........you know you expected more from a PC version and their settings menu.

lol I expected a WiiU game... at higher resolutions and framerates... and that's what we got :tom5: 

When does a Japanese console game EVER get "enhanced" textures?? :mj: You're literally TRYING SO FUCKING HARD to find "issues" :kaz: 

Thanks for the game Sheep.  9/10 PC/PS4 PRO... 4/10 Switch  :juggle: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

lol I expected a WiiU game... at higher resolutions and framerates... and that's what we got :tom5: 

When does a Japanese console game EVER get "enhanced" textures?? :mj: You're literally TRYING SO FUCKING HARD to find "issues" :kaz: 

Thanks for the game Sheep.  9/10 PC/PS4 PRO... 4/10 Switch  :juggle: 

LOL a 1080p that dips......and whose trackpad fails, and has no higher-res upgrade for the PS4pro is not scoring AAA

and neither is a PC version with no improved effects and textures from a 720p Wii U version from 7 years ago

:lawl:I love how you are LYING about what you expected.

Like as if you thought that was going to be believable as you typed that.