Do you sometimes trip out over the fact that we've been here since we were just kids in high school?

I know a took a hiatus for a while. I migrated to Reddit. Funny thing is that it was the "lmao fuckin hipsters" thread that made me discover Reddit. I was surprised this place is still here. What keeps you coming back? 

I think for me it was the familiar aspect of SW. We know each other(to an extent). Reddit is just random folks...

Edited by Chicano3000
6 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I've been here since 2005 or 2006. Can't remember exactly but that would put my age around 22 or 23 when I joined so I was long done with High School.

That's probably why your posts always struck me as grown up. I never saw you troll. 

Yeah for sure. I started posting on gamespot when I was like 12, crazy to think about. 

Familiarity for me too. Also there’s just not many places like this left on the internet. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

That's probably why your posts always struck me as grown up. I never saw you troll. 

I guess that depends on what your definition of trolling is because I do intentionally try to get a rise out of people every now and then. To me, that's trolling. Its just not the obvious kind of trolling.

3 hours ago, Casual said:

Yeah for sure. I started posting on gamespot when I was like 12, crazy to think about. 

Familiarity for me too. Also there’s just not many places like this left on the internet. 

Ya, I'm impressed with how SW is designed. The internet forum format is old now, but this is probably the cleanest looking forum I've ever been to. The fact that I paste an image address into the message bar and automatically get an embedded pic is awesome.

Reddit is too simple. I get minimalism, but I miss this type of design...

Reddit is faceless corporate garbage btw

And I also joined this place in my High-school years, part of the GS exodus. I liked the freedom here that nowhere else existed, and I think its still more open to any opinion in this day than any social media site.

1 hour ago, Casual said:

The lounge :love:

wish there was a way to go back through the old posts there lol. 

I really don't want to read my old posts lol

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

I was 20 when I started posting here. And in my teens at GS SW and the Lounge which was the beginning of this place. @madmalteseand @Casual were there. 

What on earth are you on about? The beginning of this place started in early 04 after GS SW banned off topic threads on sw and Javier decided to just make a new forum for gs sw people where rules weren’t changing all the time.

Some came, some didn’t. Your gs sub forum had nothing to do with this place - you came a long when most people did around 05. Your join date says nov 04 but anyone here around that time knows you never posted here

11 minutes ago, Delita said:

What on earth are you on about? The beginning of this place started in early 04 after GS SW banned off topic threads on sw and Javier decided to just make a new forum for gs sw people where rules weren’t changing all the time.

Some came, some didn’t. Your gs sub forum had nothing to do with this place - you came a long when most people did around 05. Your join date says nov 04 but anyone here around that time knows you never posted here

We were the first members. Hal9000 the other admin was in the Lounge and brought us to SW. 

17 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

We were the first members. Hal9000 the other admin was in the Lounge and brought us to SW. 

First members of what? :interesting: This forum was here and active long before you or Hal got here. The original admins were Javier, and Wasim. Hal came along later as help.

2 minutes ago, Delita said:

First members of what? :interesting: This forum was here and active long before you or Hal got here. The original admins were Javier, and Wasim. Hal came along later as help.

Was April or May of 2004 when this place opened.